|Hubs||Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport|
|Parent company||Poste italiane|
|Key people||Bud Spencer, Founder|
Mistral Air is an Italian charter airline based in Rome and a subsidiary of Poste italiane. It operates passenger and cargo services and maintains bases at Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport and Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport.
Mistral Air was established in 1981 by actor and former swimmer Bud Spencer and started operations in 1984. It was wholly owned by TNT N.V. until March 2002 when TNT sold a 75% stake to Poste Italiane.
The airline has also been contracted by the Holy See of the Vatican to fly Pilgrims to holy sites such as Lourdes, Fátima, Santiago de Compostela, Medjugorje across Mostar, Israel (Holy Land), Poland and Mexico. The first flight went from Rome to Lourdes on 27 August 2007 transporting the vicar of Rome, Cardinal Camillo Ruini.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Tarbes / seasonal
- Bydgoszcz - from 16 June 2016
- Moscow / seasonal charter
Mistral Air has codeshare agreements with following airlines (as of January 2014):
As of August 2015, the Mistral Air fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|ATR 72-500||4||—||68||68||operated for Alitalia|
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". IATA. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Elenco delle imprese titolari di licenza di trasporto aereo". Italian Civil Aviation Authority. 2016-06-03. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Mistral Air - Contatti". Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 51.
- Willey, David (2007-08-27). "Vatican flight service launches". BBC News. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Mistral Air fleet details". airfleets.net. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
Media related to Mistral Air at Wikimedia Commons