The Many (advertising agency)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Advertising, marketing, entertainment|
|Founded||Venice Beach, CA, February 2010|
Santa Monica, CA,
The Many (then known as Mistress) was founded in Venice Beach in February 2010 by five partners: Christian Jacobsen, Damien Eley, Scott Harris, Blake E. Marquis and Jens Stoelken. After merging with media agency, Supermoon, former CEO, Amir Haque, became the newly-integrated agency's sixth partner.
The Many’s work has been widely covered in the press, especially their campaigns for Mattel’s Hot Wheels in which race car professionals performed stunts on life-size re-creations of toy Hot Wheels tracks (V-Drop, Double Loop, Corkscrew etc.) at the ESPN X Games, the “Fearless at the 500” event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and for The World’s Best Driver, a feature length web film. The stunts set Guinness World Records and won four Lions at the Cannes Advertising Festival in 2013, one gold and three silver.
The Many has co-founded Neato, a collegiate marketing agency run by former Red Bull marketing executive Mike Poznansky. In 2014, the agency also co-founded Mistress.tech, a software agency in Hamburg, Germany with the German software developer Freiheit.com.
In 2011, The Many was named an Advertising Age Small Agency of the Year, winning a Gold award.. In 2017, it merged with 2014 Ad Age Agency of the Year, Supermoon (formerly Tiny Rebellion), and in 2018, won Small Agency of the Year, silver.
- "A Mistress worth sharing - the nimble passionate creative shop in Venice beach will show you a good time". Adland.tv.
- "Gallery: The Year in Portraits". AdWeek.com.
- "L.A. Indie Agency Supermoon Merges with Mistress". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "Giant Toys for Attracting Much Older Boys". Nytimes.com.
- "Hot Wheels Toys: "DOUBLE LOOP DARE @ X GAMES [video]" Ambient Advert by Mistress". Coloribus.
- "Meet the Agency That Dreamed Up Life-Size Hot Wheels And broke 2 world records in the process By Daniel Lefferts". AdWeek.com.
- "Elisa Tan, lead creative at Mistress LA". Businessinsider.com.
- "Red Bull's College Marketing Whiz Strikes Out on His Own". AdWeek.com.
- "LA's Mistress Forms German Agency Venture". MediaPost.com.
- "Small Agency of the Year, 1-10 Employees, Gold: Mistress". Adage.com.