Mistress (advertising agency)
|Industry||Advertising, marketing, entertainment|
|Founded||Venice Beach, CA, February 2010|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, CA, United States|
Mistress was founded in Venice Beach in February 2010 by five partners: Christian Jacobsen, Damien Eley, Scott Harris, Blake E. Marquis and Jens Stoelken. After merging with media agency, Supermoon, former CEO, Amir Haque, became the newly-integrated agency's sixth partner.
Mistress’s work has been widely covered in the press, especially their campaigns for Mattel’s Hot Wheels in which race car professionals performed stunts on life-size re-creations of toy Hot Wheels tracks (V-Drop, Double Loop, Corkscrew etc.) at the ESPN X Games, the “Fearless at the 500” event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and for The World’s Best Driver, a feature length web film. The stunts set Guinness World Records and won four Lions at the Cannes Advertising Festival in 2013, one gold and three silver.
Mistress has co-founded Neato, a collegiate marketing agency run by former Red Bull marketing executive Mike Poznansky. In 2014, the agency also co-founded Mistress.tech, a software agency in Hamburg, Germany with the German software developer Freiheit.com.
- ProMaxBDA - North America Agency of the Year: 2016
- Cannes - Gold: Branded Content 2013
- Cannes - Silver: Promo & Activation 2013
- Clio - Gold: Content & Contact: 2012 and 2013
- Clio - Gold: Branded Content: 2013
- Clio - Bronze: Integrated Campaign: 2013
- One Show - Gold: Innovation in Branded Content: 2012
- One Show - Silver: Non-Broadcast Long Form: 2013
- One Show - Bronze: Integrated Branding Campaign 360: 2012
- Andy - Gold: Branded Content: 2013
- D&AD - Integrated and earned media: 2012
- London International – Bronze: New media: 2013
- London International – Finalist: Non-Traditional Branded Content: 2013
- Game Marketing Awards - Gold: Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign Of The Year: 2013
- Game Marketing Awards - Gold: Thinking Outside of the Box: 2013
- Game Marketing Awards - Gold: Outstanding Paid Digital Media Ad Long Form: 2013
- Game Marketing Awards - Silver: Most Effective Buzz Generating Tactic: 2013
- A-List Hollywood Branded Entertainment - Gold: Events: 2013
- A-List Hollywood Branded Entertainment - Bronze: Events: 2013
- Ad Age - Gold: Small Agency of the Year 2011
- "A Mistress worth sharing - the nimble passionate creative shop in Venice beach will show you a good time". Adland.tv.
- "Gallery: The Year in Portraits". AdWeek.com.
- "L.A. Indie Agency Supermoon Merges with Mistress". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "Giant Toys for Attracting Much Older Boys". Nytimes.com.
- "Hot Wheels Toys: "DOUBLE LOOP DARE @ X GAMES [video]" Ambient Advert by Mistress". Coloribus.
- "Meet the Agency That Dreamed Up Life-Size Hot Wheels And broke 2 world records in the process By Daniel Lefferts". AdWeek.com.
- "Elisa Tan, lead creative at Mistress LA". Businessinsider.com.
- "Red Bull's College Marketing Whiz Strikes Out on His Own". AdWeek.com.
- "LA's Mistress Forms German Agency Venture". MediaPost.com.
- "Small Agency of the Year, 1-10 Employees, Gold: Mistress". Adage.com.