Misty Island Rescue
|Thomas & Friends: Misty Island Rescue|
|Directed by||Greg Tiernan|
|Produced by||Nicole Stinn (Nitrogen)
Denise Green (HiT)
|Written by||Sharon Miller|
|Narrated by||Michael Angelis|
|Music by||Robert Hartshorne|
|Distributed by||HIT Entertainment|
|October 11, 2010|
A new Sodor Search and Rescue Center is being built for Harold, Rocky and Captain, a new lifeboat. Jobi wood is needed in order to build it, delivered from Hiro's homeland. All the engines want to help deliver the Jobi wood. Meanwhile, Diesel feels insulted after Thomas teased him for not being a steam engine. Diesel tries to prove his point by taking the Jobi wood himself, resulting in a chase between him and Thomas, and all the Jobi wood being lost in the sea after Diesel almost fell off an unfinished bridge. Thomas is rewarded with collecting new wood after rescuing Diesel from the bridge. Being told there is no room on the boat, Thomas asks to be carried on a raft behind the boat. However, along the way, the chain to the raft breaks and Thomas floats away to a nearby island, Misty Island.
Thomas soon explores the island and find it to be inhabited by the "Logging Locos", consisting of Ferdinand and two small twins, Bash and Dash, who were sent to the island after causing trouble on the mainland. As the three show Thomas around the island, back on Sodor, Harold and Captain send out a search party to find Thomas.
After seeing the entire island, Thomas decides he wants to go back to Sodor and uses the Misty Island Tunnel, a tunnel that connects Misty Island to Sodor. However, as they are nearly halfway through the tunnel, the tunnel caves in and they are trapped. Fortunately, Percy and Whiff are on the other side of the tunnel and manage to break through. However, the Fat Controller, Edward, James and Gordon have all sailed to Misty Island in order to find Thomas, so Thomas goes back to Misty Island to find them. Once he does, the Logging Locos are all welcomed to Sodor and there is a big celebration for the opening of the Sodor Search and Rescue Center.
In a post-credits scene, Diesel 10 from above the center watches down on the engines remarking that they will laugh on the other side on their boilers soon, foreshadowing the events of "Day of the Diesels".
- Martin Sherman as Thomas US Version and Percy US Version
- Ben Small as Thomas UK Version, Toby UK Version, and Ferdinand UK Version
- Keith Wickham as Edward UK Version, Henry UK Version, Gordon UK Version, James UK Version, Percy UK Version, Whiff UK Version, Dash UK Version, Harold UK Version, The Fat Controller UK Version, Salty UK/US Version, and Captain UK/US Version
- Kerry Shale as Diesel UK Version, Sir Topham Hatt US Version, Gordon US Version, James US Version, Henry US Version, Kevin US Version, Bash US Version, and Harold US Version
- Jules de Jongh as Emily US Version
- Teresa Gallagher as Emily UK Version
- Matt Wilkinson as Victor UK Version, Bash UK Version, Rocky UK Version, Cranky UK Version, Kevin UK Version, and Docks Manager UK Version
- Togo Igawa as Hiro UK/US Version
- Glenn Wrage as Ferdinand US Version and Cranky US Version
- William Hope as Edward US Version, Toby US Version, Whiff US Version, Rocky US Version, Dash US Version, and Docks Manager US Version
- Michael Angelis as Narrator UK Version
- Michael Brandon as Narrator US Version and Diesel US Version
- Rupert Degas as Diesel 10 US/UK Version
- David Bedella as Victor US Version