Lee in April 2012
|Born||Mount Clemens, Michigan|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Magician, voice actress, comedian, activist|
|Spouse(s)||Paul Dini (m. 2005)|
Misty Lee was born in Mount Clemens, Michigan, but spent most of her childhood in Detroit, which she credits as inspiration for her unique sense of humor and interest in magic. Before her calling as a magician, Lee trained in dentistry. At the age of sixteen, she discovered her interest in magic, which quickly took its hold on her.
Lee is married to animation producer and comic book author Paul Dini, with whom she lives in Los Angeles. Lee and Dini were featured on a 2012 episode of Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, in which they received help with the behavior of their two dogs, Mugsy and Deuce.
Lee is also an activist against domestic abuse. In 2013, Lee wrote and starred in a short PSA on behalf of the Domestic Violence Hotline titled Escape. The video is a “love letter to [her] mother,” who endured years of verbal abuse.
Her onstage performances blend theatre, song, and sleight of hand. She has appeared (as herself) in several comic books, and is a co-creator (and also the voice) of Dinicartoons character Little Rashy. Lee's first venture into magic came when a former high school friend called her and asked if she would like to earn some money as an assistant in his magic act. She was later mentored by some of the leading names in professional magic, including Detroit-based magician Scorpio and illusionist Jonathan Pendragon.
She also provided the voice of Aunt May Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man, which airs on Disney XD. At Comic-Con International, Lee designed and taught custom effects to celebrity host and presenters for the “Magic of Comics” themed awards show.
Lee studied and performed both sketch and musical improv comedy at The Second City in Los Angeles.
Contributions to magic
In 2010, Lee became a staff Séance Medium at Hollywood's Magic Castle, where she regularly performs Houdini Séances. She is the first female magician in history to hold this position. During her Houdini Séance, Lee uses artifacts owned by Harry Houdini in an attempt to communicate with the deceased magician, a practice which Houdini spent the greater portion of his life opposing and exposing as charlatanism.
Lee is the only magician ever to be admitted into the Institute for Analytic Interviewing.[clarification needed] Under the training of “Truth Wizard” J.J. Newberry, and alongside agents from the CIA, ATF, and Scotland Yard, Lee mastered the art of Cognitive interview techniques, giving her the nickname of "Human Lie Detector."
Live action roles
- Birth of Hollywood – Actor
- The $178.92 Movie: An Instruction Guide to Failure
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. – Betty Ross (voice)
- Cereal Mascots: Trix Rabbit – Dante (voice)
- Ultimate Spider-Man – Aunt May, Squirrel Girl
- The Garfield Show – Scheherazade, Angie
- DC Super Hero Girls – Big Barda, Mad Harriet
- Wabbit – Mushroom Beings, Female Executive
- Red Sonja: Queen of Plagues – Red Sonja
Video game roles
- Batman: Arkham City – Museum Announcer, Dispatch Officer
- BioShock Infinite – Various Voices
- Cereal Mascots: Tony the Tiger
- Dead Rising 3 – Darlene Fleischermacher
- Disney Infinity – Additional Voices
- Fallout 4 - Talia McGovern, Molly, Settler
- Fire Emblem Heroes - Ursula, Camilla
- Grand Theft Auto V – Various Voices
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft – Grand Widow Faerlina
- Infamous Second Son – Hank's Daughter, Additional Voices
- Ingress – Misty Hannah
- League of Legends – Kalista (the Spear of Vengeance)
- Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars – Silicoid Advisor
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – Gina Foley
- Saints Row IV – Dominatrix
- Skylanders: Swap Force – Star Strike
- Skylanders: SuperChargers – Star Strike, Spotlight
- The Garfield Show: Threat of the Space Lasagna – Scheherazade, Angie
- The Last of Us – Infected
- "Meet Magician & Illusionist Voice Talent Los Angeles - Misty Lee". Misty Lee. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- National Geographic Channels. "Dog Whisperer: Anger Management". Nat Geo TV Blogs. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Escape: Domestic Violence PSA". Misty Lee. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Escape - Domestic Violence PSA - Misty Lee". YouTube. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "A Conversation With The Magical Misty Lee". popcultureaddict.com. 28 January 2008. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-06.
- "Magical Consulting Female Magician Los Angeles - Misty Lee". Misty Lee. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Ingress characters: Misty Hannah".
- "Houdini Séance Illusionist Magic Castle Los Angeles - Misty Lee". Misty Lee. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Banner Day". Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. Season 2. Episode 17. March 22, 2015. Disney XD.
- "Misty Lee on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Christopher Bowman - Google+". google.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Misty Lee - So proud to play #Kalista in #LeagueofLegends!... - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Chalk, Andy (February 17, 2016). "Master of Orion trailer reveals a cast of sci-fi stars". PC Gamer. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- Vicarious Visions. Skylanders: SuperChargers. Activision. Scene: Closing credits, 7:13 in, Voice Actors.
- Interview with Misty Lee, Wizard, 1998[volume & issue needed]
- Article on Paul Dini's "Madame Mirage" comic, Wizard, No. 187, April 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Misty Lee.|