Mount Clemens, Michigan, U.S.
|Occupation||Magician, voice actress, comedian, activist|
Misty Lee was born in Mount Clemens, Michigan, and spent most of her childhood in Detroit, which she credits as inspiration for her unique sense of humor and interest in magic. Before her calling as a magician, Lee trained in dentistry. At the age of sixteen, she discovered her interest in magic, which quickly took its hold on her.
Her onstage performances blend theatre, song, and sleight of hand. She has appeared (as herself) in several comic books, and is a co-creator (and also the voice) of Dinicartoons character Little Rashy. Lee's first venture into magic came when a former high school friend called her and asked if she would like to earn some money as an assistant in his magic act. She was later mentored by some of the leading names in professional magic, including Detroit-based magician Scorpio and illusionist Jonathan Pendragon.
In addition to magic, Lee is a prolific voice actor, appearing in award-winning video games such as The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V, Disney Infinity, the Fire Emblem series and more.
She also provided the voice of Aunt May Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man, which airs on Disney XD. At Comic-Con International, Lee designed and taught custom effects to celebrity host and presenters for the “Magic of Comics” themed awards show.
In July 2017, Lee performed on the show Penn & Teller: Fool Us, but failed to fool the hosts.
Lee studied and performed both sketch and musical improv comedy at The Second City in Los Angeles.
Contributions to magic
Lee is the only magician ever to be admitted into the Institute for Analytic Interviewing.[clarification needed] Under the training of “Truth Wizard” J.J. Newberry, and alongside agents from the CIA, ATF, and Scotland Yard, Lee mastered the art of cognitive interview techniques, giving her the nickname of "Human Lie Detector."
Lee is married to animation producer and comic book author Paul Dini, with whom she lives in Los Angeles. Their two Boston terriers, Mugsy and Deuce, were featured in "Anger Management", a 2012 episode of The Dog Whisperer, in which they sought Cesar Millan's help with their dogs' behavioral problems. Around this time, Dini began an extensive weight loss and exercise regimen, having reached a weight of 320 pounds.
Lee is an activist against domestic abuse. In 2013, Lee wrote and starred in a short PSA on behalf of the Domestic Violence Hotline titled Escape. The video is a “love letter to [her] mother,” who endured years of verbal abuse.
- Birth of Hollywood – Actress
- The $178.92 Movie: An Instruction Guide to Failure
|2011–12||The Garfield Show||Scheherazade, Angie|
|2012–17||Ultimate Spider-Man||Aunt May, Squirrel Girl|||
|2015||Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.||Betty Ross||Ep. "Banner Day"|||
|2015–18||DC Super Hero Girls||Big Barda, Mad Harriet|||
|2016||Wabbit||Mushroom Beings, Female Executive|
|Red Sonja: Queen of Plagues||Red Sonja|||
|DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year||Big Barda|||
|2017||DC Super Hero Girls: Intergalactic Games|||
|2018||DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis|||
|2019||Lego City Adventures||Freya McCloud||Ep. "Cubs and Robbers/Billy the Bug"|
|2020||Amphibia||Priscilla the Killa||Ep. "Hopping Mall"|
- Cereal Mascots: Trix Rabbit – Dante
Video game roles
|2013||The Last of Us||Infected|||
|Killzone Shadow Fall||Linden|||
|2014||Hearthstone||Grand Widow Faerlina, Lady Liadrin|||
|The Amazing Spider-Man 2||Jean DeWolff|||
|Spider-Man Unlimited||Spider Ma'am / Aunt May|||
|2015||Skylanders: SuperChargers||Star Strike, Spotlight|||
|Star Wars Battlefront||Princess Leia|||
|2016||Lego Marvel's Avengers||She-Hulk, Squirrel Girl|||
|Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars||Silicoid Advisor|||
|Mirror's Edge Catalyst||Dispatch, KrugerSec Guard|||
|2017||Fire Emblem Heroes||Ursula, Camilla, Titania||English dub|||
|Star Wars Battlefront II||Princess Leia|||
|2018||Darksiders III||Envy, Human|||
|Just Cause 4||Garland|||
|Spyro: Reignited Trilogy||The Sorceress|||
|2019||Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled||Polar, Pura, Tawna|||
|Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order||Ninth Sister|||
- Agents of Mayhem – Daisy
- Batman: Arkham City – Museum Announcer, Dispatch Officer
- BioShock Infinite – Various Voices
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Laura Gibson
- Dead Rising 3 – Darlene Fleischermacher
- Disney Infinity – Additional Voices
- Fallout 4 – Talia McGovern, Molly, Settler
- God of War – Sigrun, Additional Voices
- Grand Theft Auto V – Various Voices
- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire – Rox
- Infamous Second Son – Hank's Daughter, Additional Voices
- League of Legends – Kalista (the Spear of Vengeance)
- Lego DC Super-Villains – Enchantress, Ravager
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – Additional Voices
- Saints Row IV – Dominatrix
- Skylanders: Swap Force – Star Strike
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - Liberator
- The Garfield Show: Threat of the Space Lasagna – Scheherazade, Angie
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth – Lady Liadrin
- "Meet Magician & Illusionist Voice Talent Los Angeles - Misty Lee". Misty Lee. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "A Conversation With The Magical Misty Lee". popcultureaddict.com. 28 January 2008. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Magical Consulting Female Magician Los Angeles - Misty Lee". Misty Lee. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ingress characters: Misty Hannah".
- "Houdini Séance Illusionist Magic Castle Los Angeles - Misty Lee". Misty Lee. Archived from the original on 21 January 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- David, Peter (2009). More Digressions. Second Age, Inc. p. 96.
- Krug, Kurt Anthony (October 22, 2016). "Mt. Clemens native Misty Lee hangs with Houdini, Princess Leia, Spidey". Detroit Free Press.
- "Anger Management". Dog Whisperer. Season 9. Episode 6. August 4, 2012. National Geographic Channel. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- National Geographic Channels (4 August 2012). "Dog Whisperer: Anger Management". Nat Geo TV Blogs. National Geographic Society. Archived from the original on 4 July 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Escape: Domestic Violence PSA". Misty Lee. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Escape - Domestic Violence PSA - Misty Lee". YouTube. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Behind the Voice Actors – Misty Lee". Behind The Voice Actors. Check mark indicates role has been confirmed using screenshots of closing credits and other reliable sources. Retrieved September 6, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Christopher Bowman - Google+". google.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Misty Lee on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Vicarious Visions. Skylanders: SuperChargers. Activision. Scene: Closing credits, 7:13 in, Voice Actors.
- Lee, Misty [@Misty_Lee] (November 17, 2015). "#StarWarsBattlefront releases today & I am the voice of #Leia! ##StarWars #PrincessLeia (link: starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/the-heroes-of-star-wars-battlefront-leia-organa) starwars.ea.com/starwars/battl…" (Tweet). Retrieved November 22, 2017 – via Twitter.
- Chalk, Andy (February 17, 2016). "Master of Orion trailer reveals a cast of sci-fi stars". PC Gamer. Retrieved February 19, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dyer, Mitch [@MitchyD] (November 18, 2017). "I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but @misty_lee's Leia was such an important role when we see the Rebellion and she absolutely nailed it. She captures the empathy and heart of the character beautifully" (Tweet). Retrieved November 22, 2017 – via Twitter.
- "Misty Lee - So proud to play #Kalista in #LeagueofLegends!... – Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Interview with Misty Lee, Wizard, 1998[volume & issue needed]
- Article on Paul Dini's "Madame Mirage" comic, Wizard, No. 187, April 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Misty Lee.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Misty Lee|