|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mitchell Geoffrey Bard (//) is an American foreign policy analyst, editor and author who specializes in U.S.–Middle East policy. He is the Executive Director of the non-profit American–Israeli Cooperative Enterprise (AICE), and the director of the Jewish Virtual Library.
Bard received his B.A. in economics from the University of California at Santa Barbara, his Master's in public policy from Berkeley, and a Ph.D. in political science from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). His dissertation was on "the limits to domestic influence on U.S. Middle East Policy". He was a postdoctoral fellow at University of California, Irvine from 1986 to 1987, researching the rescue by Israel of Ethiopian Jews from the Sudan, known as Operation Moses.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)|
Bard has written and edited many books, and his work has been published in academic journals and major newspapers. Bard is a former editor of the Near East Report, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's ("AIPAC") weekly newsletter on U.S.-Middle East policy. Before working for the AIPAC, he was a polling analyst for the George (H.W.) Bush for President Survey Research Group during the 1988 presidential election. He has been interviewed on Fox News, MSNBC, NBC, Al-Jazeera, The Jenny Jones Show and other media outlets.
In 2012, Bard attended the Israeli Presidential Conference. In 2013, he was placed on the Algemeiner's list of the Top 100 People Positively Influencing Jewish Life for his work. Bard lives in Maryland with his wife and two sons.
- Bard, Mitchell (1991). The Water's Edge and Beyond: Defining the Limits to Domestic Influence on United States Middle East Policy. New Brunswick, New Jersey: Transaction. ISBN 0887383467.
- Bard, Mitchell (1991). U.S.-Israel Relations: Looking To The Year 2000. AIPAC.
- Bard, Mitchell (1994). Forgotten Victims: The Abandonment of Americans in Hitler's Camps. Boulder, CO: Westview Press. ISBN 081332193X.
- Bard, Mitchell (2001). The Nuremberg Trials (At Issue in History). Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press. ISBN 0737710578.
- Bard, Mitchell (2001). The Holocaust (Turning Points in World History). Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press. ISBN 0737705760.
- Bard, Mitchell (2001). The Complete History of the Holocaust. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press. ISBN 0737703733.
- Bard, Mitchell (2002). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding the Brain. New York, NY: Alpha Books. ISBN 0028643100.
- Bard, Mitchell (2002). The Nuremberg Trials (History Firsthand). Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press. ISBN 0737710756.
- Bard, Mitchell (2002). From Tragedy to Triumph: The Politics behind the Rescue of Ethiopian Jewry. Westport, CT: Greenwood. ISBN 0324180233.
- Bard, Mitchell (2003). The Founding of the State of Israel. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press. ISBN 0737713496.
- Bard, Mitchell (2003). 1001 Facts Everyone Should Know About Israel. Jason Aronson. ISBN 0742543587.
- Bard, Mitchell (2008). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Middle East Conflict (Fourth Edition). New York, NY: Alpha Books. ISBN 1592577911.
- Bard, Mitchell (2008). On One Foot: A Middle East Guide for the Perplexed. Chevy Chase, MD: AICE Inc. ISBN 0971294550.
- Bard, Mitchell (2009). Israel Studies: An Anthology. Chevy Chase, MD: Jewish Virtual Library.
- Bard, Mitchell (2010). The Complete Idiot's Guide to World War II (Third Edition). New York, NY: Alpha Books. ISBN 161564024X.
- Bard, Mitchell (2010). 48 Hours of Kristallnacht: Night of Destruction/ Dawn of the Holocaust. Lyons Press. ISBN 1599219662.
- Bard, Mitchell (2010). The Arab Lobby: The Invisible Alliance That Undermines America's Interests in the Middle East. New York: Broadside Books. ISBN 0-061-72601-X.
- Bard, Mitchell (2012). Myths And Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict. Chevy Chase, MD: AICE Inc. ISBN 0971294569.
- Bard, Mitchell (2012). Israel Matters: Understand the Past - Look to the Future. Springfield, NJ: Behrman House.
- Bard, Mitchell (2014). Death to the Infidels: Radical Islam's War Against the Jews. Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave. ISBN 1137279079.
- "Mitchell G. Bard". C-SPAN. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Smith, Lee. "The Arab Lobby". Tavlet. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- Website of Mitchell Bard.
- "Introducing Dr. Mitchell Bard, Middle East Expert". Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "An Interview with Author Mitchell Bard at the Israeli Presidential Conference 2012". Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Algemeiner Jewish 100: The Full List". The Algemeiner. April 25, 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- The Founding of the State of Israel – About the Editor p. 121