Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Fate||Acquired by Paine Webber|
|Founded||June 21, 1919|
|Defunct||May 27, 1977|
In 1965, the company acquired D.B. Marron & Company, founded in 1959 by Donald Marron. In 1967, Marron was named president of the company. Under Marron, the firm's prominence grew significantly.
- "BANKERS GIVE SONS START.; Chicago Bond Firm Launched for Mitchell-Hutchins Heirs" (PDF). The New York Times. June 21, 1919.
- Dorfman, Dan (March 17, 1975). "Mitchell Hutchins Says Buy". New York Magazine.
- SLOANE, LEONARD (June 12, 1977). "SPOTLIGHT". The New York Times.
- Grimes, William (May 4, 2009). "James W. Davant, Who Rose to Top of Paine Webber, Is Dead at 93". The New York Times.(subscription required)
- STERNGOLD, JAMES (February 8, 1987). "Don Marron's Dream Slips Away". The New York Times.
- "Asset Management: Mitchell Hutchins Renamed Brinson Advisors". The Bond Buyer. February 23, 2001.