Kilduff at the 2011 Oceania Paralympic Championships
|Full name||Mitchell Kilduff|
|Born||29 February 1996|
|Strokes||Freestyle, butterfly, medley|
|Classifications||S14, SB14, SM14|
Kilduff was born on 29 February 1996, and is from Carlton, New South Wales. He was diagnosed with autism when he was six years old. During his early school years, he faced considerable challenges. Following that, he was home schooled. In 2009, he attended Endeavour Sports High School. As of 2012[update], he is a student at Kingsgrove North High School while mentoring other swimmers with autism.
Kilduff is an S14 classified swimmer, who has set world records in several events including the long course 50m butterfly, 50m freestyle, the 100m butterfly, the 400m freestyle, and the source course 50m butterfly events in his classification. He is a member of SLC Aquadot and his coach is Gavin Stewart, who began coaching him in 2009. He has competed against able-bodied athletes.
At the 2010 Australian national championships, Kilduff earned two gold medals. The following year at the same competition, he earned a total of seven medals, three of them gold. In 2011, he had nine swimming training sessions a week, with each session lasting about two hours. At the 2011 Australian Age Multi-Class Championships hosted at the Australian Institute of Sport pool, he won seven gold medals.
Kilduff first represented Australia in 2011, making his debut at the Arafura Games. At the Italian-hosted 2011 Global Games, he won a pair of silver medals and four gold medals. His silver medals came in the 4 × 100 m freestyle relay event and the 200m freestyle event where he had a time of 2:03.12. He earned a gold in the 50m freestyle event in a time of 25.78. He was selected to represent Australian Paralympics in swimming. He did not medal at the 2012 Games.
|Long||50m Backstroke||31.11||2012 EnergyAustralia Swimming Championships||20-Mar-12|||
|Long||100m Backstroke||01:10.5||2011 NSW State Open Championsh||11-Feb-11|||
|Long||50m Breaststroke||33.16||2011 NSW Metropolitan Champion||11-Dec-10|||
|Long||100m Breaststroke||01:14.8||2011 Telstra Australian Swimmi||1-Apr-11|||
|Long||200m Breaststroke||03:03.6||2009 NSW State 10/U-12 Years A||10-Jan-09|||
|Long||50m Butterfly||27.09||2015 Hancock Prospecting Australian Swimming Championships||5-Apr-15|||
|Long||100m Butterfly||01:00.7||2012 NSW State Age 13-18 Years Championships||15-Jan-12|||
|Long||200m Butterfly||02:21.2||2012 NSW State Age 13-18 Years Championships||11-Jan-12|||
|Long||50m Freestyle||24.84||2012 EnergyAustralia Swimming Championships||16-Mar-12|||
|Long||100m Freestyle||55.71||2012 EnergyAustralia Swimming Championships||19-Mar-12|||
|Long||200m Freestyle||02:04.1||2012 EnergyAustralia Swimming Championships||18-Mar-12|||
|Long||400m Freestyle||04:26.7||2012 NSW State Open Championships All Events||11-Feb-12|||
|Long||800m Freestyle||09:37.0||2010 NSW State 13-18 Years Age||4-Jan-10|||
|Long||200m Medley||02:24.0||2011 Telstra Australian Swimmi||1-Apr-11|||
|Short||50m Backstroke||30.76||2012 NSW Metropolitan SC Championships||15-Jul-12|||
|Short||100m Backstroke||01:08.5||2012 NSW SC Qualifying Meet||19-May-12|||
|Short||50m Breaststroke||32.67||2011 Australian Short Course Championships||2-Jul-11|||
|Short||100m Breaststroke||01:12.5||2012 NSW SC Qualifying Meet||20-May-12|||
|Short||50m Butterfly||27.45||2011 Australian Short Course Championships||3-Jul-11|||
|Short||100m Butterfly||01:00.4||2011 Australian Short Course Championships||2-Jul-11|||
|Short||200m Butterfly||02:16.3||2011 NSW State Age SC Championships||14-Aug-11|||
|Short||50m Freestyle||24.89||2010 NSW State Age SC Champion||13-Aug-10|||
|Short||100m Freestyle||55||2011 NSW State Age SC Championships||12-Aug-11|||
|Short||200m Freestyle||02:02.4||2011 NSW Metropolitan SC Championships||16-Jul-11|||
|Short||100m Medley||01:22.0||2007 NSW SC Development Meet||30-Sep-07|||
|Short||200m Medley||02:24.9||2011 Australian Short Course Championships||1-Jul-11|||
|Wikinews has related news: 2012 Australian Paralympic swim team announced|
- "Mitchell Kilduff". Australia: Australian Paralympic Committee. 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- Seymour, Erika (2009-06-16). "Mitchell is like a fish in water". St George & Sutherland Shire Leader. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Recognition Awards 2009". Autismspectrum.org.au. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Paralympic swim team revealed". Australian Paralympic Committee. 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Kilduff hopes gold rush continues in London". Canberra Times. 2011-10-09. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Aussies chasing solid gold streak in Italy". Nine MSN. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Henley and Grange Swimming Club Inc". Henley and Grange Swimming Club Inc. 2011-09-30. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Share (2011-09-29). "Albenga Corsara — News & Views Magazine" (in Italian). Albengacorsara.it. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Share. "Albenga Corsara — News & Views Magazine" (in Italian). Albengacorsara.it. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Cowdrey leads Paralympic swim team". ABC Grandstand Sport — ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- "Mitchell Kilduff personal bests". Swimming Western Australia. Retrieved 2012-08-01.