|Birth name||Charles Mitchell|
|Also known as||Tha Slicksta|
December 29, 1973|
San Diego, California
|Genres||Hip hop, Gangsta Rap|
|Labels||Hoo-Bangin', Angeles Records, Wrongkind, Blacksmith|
|Associated acts||Strong Arm Steady, Max B, The Game, Xzibit, Messy Marv, Ca$his, Gladys Knight|
|Website||Mitchy Slick on Myspace|
Mitchy Slick (born December 29, 1973) is an American rapper from San Diego, California. He is a member of the group Strong Arm Steady, along with rappers Phil Da Agony and Krondon. He performs solo with three albums released in addition to many collaborations. Mitchy Slick is the CEO of Wrongkind Records and is currently signed to FredBøRecørds
Founder and CEO, Slick branded Tha Wrongkind, a familial collective of artists, producers, deejays and entrepreneurs.
Slick spent his formative years in the southeastern division of San Diego, namely the Lincoln Park area. He later attended Prairie View A&M in Prairie View, Texas and returned to his hometown in California, where he embarked on his musical career. Mitchy was featured on Gangland about the San Diego Lincoln Park Bloods, a gang he is a member of.
Slick’s debut album, Trigeration Station was released in 2001 and peaked at #13 on Billboard’s Top Independent Albums chart that same year.
Since his debut, Slick has released numerous mixtapes including the XXL Guns collection, Mitchy Duz It and his second album Urban Survival Syndrome. Along with Los Angeles emcees Krondon and Phil the Agony, west coast super-group Strong Arm Steady released its debut album Deep Hearted in 2007 followed by the mixtape Gang Mentality, the conceptual album In Search of Stoney Jackson and their most recent installment, Arms and Hammers.
In addition to mixtape appearances and both group and solo recordings, Slick has also collaborated with notable industry figures such as Lil Wayne, The Game, Menace, The Jacka, Jay Rock and E-40. In 2007 Slick and bay area rapper Messy Marv released the joint effort, Messy Slick which landed on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart during the week of July 14, 2007.
In early 2010, Slick and Tha Wrongkind released the Yellow Tape compilation followed by the more recent mixtape Wrongkind Is Everywhere (2012) presented by DJ Rah2k. His upcoming projects, Gang Intervention and Feet Match the Paint (produced by Dj.Fresh) are anticipated for release this year.
On September 2, 2014, Mitchy Slick surrendered to Marin County, California sheriff’s officials on charges of kidnapping and human trafficking. He was charged with kidnapping, human trafficking, making terrorist threats, participating in a gang, and brandishing a firearm. However, he was released two days later because the district attorney needed more time to develop a case. September 2015 all charges have been dropped
- 2001: Trigeration Station
- 2005: Mitchy Duz It
- 2006: Urban Survival Syndrome
- 2013: Won't Stop
- 2014: Call Of Duty
- 2016: Lost in the Yay
- 2018: Post Traumatic Stress Diego
- 2003 Damu Mitchy (Freestyle Mixtape)
- 2003 XXL Guns Vol. 1 Killafornia Handgunner
- 2003 XXL Guns Vol. 2 Guns & Ammo
- 2004 XXL Guns Vol. 3 Killafornia Handgunner
- 2006 Cali Untouchable Radio 13 Dago Edition
- 2009 XXL Guns & Ammo Vol. 4
- 2003 Mitchy Slick & Damu - Strong Arm Robbery
- 2005 Mitchy Slick, Damu, Tiny Doo - Strong Arm Robbery Volume 2
- 2007 Messy Marv & Mitchy Slick - Messy Slick
- 2013 Mitchy Slick & The Worlds Freshest - Feet Match The Paint
- 2014 Oso Ocean & Mitchy Slick - Whole 9.2
- 2001 Bogie presents Gametight California Compilation
- 2005 Greatest Hits Vol.1
- 2010 Mitchy Slick Presents Tha Wrongkind - Yellow Tape
- 2015 SD Taco Shop Mixtape Vol. 1
- 2016 SD Taco Shop Mixtape Vol. 2
- Mitchy Slick Unitedgangs.com Retrieved. 2015-10-05
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-05-22.