|Occupation||Film producer/director, non-profit/technology founder|
Mithaq Kazimi (Pronunciation: Mi-sáq Ka-zi-mi) is a media producer, founder of a technology and non-profit organization.
He founded the Dawn Breakers International Film Festival, a "Top 25 Film Festival of the World" nominee, along with a media production and an accelerator-backed tech company. His notable films include the production of 16 Days in Afghanistan, an iconic film about the country and distribution of The Gardener, an award-winning Mohsen Makhmalbaf documentary.
His projects include a series of narratives, Ad films and documentaries about HIV, American race and economic issues and profiles of America Got Talent and German Idol participants. His non-profit focused films include videos for Child Rights and You organization with music written by Javed Akhtar, the widely televised Quenching The Light social video campaign and the CNN Hero's foundation that support women and premature births.
His international work include Through Her Eyes, produced in India and scored by Farhad Darya. The film is currently on IMDB's Most Popular Short Films of India and has been discussed in film festivals  and retrospectives held in South Asia His Spanish film, El Hombre Sencillo has received praise for the positive portrayal of Mexico and Hispanic culture.
In 2010, he made a film about the life of Azim Khamisa and Tony Hicks, the first adolescent tried as an adult in a murder case in California, United States. It featured the now social activist Nate Howard in the lead role. In 2011, a television show, two episodes of which he wrote and directed won the regional Emmy Awards.
His year-long photographic work, Humans of San Diego, inspired by Humans of New York gained attention and following on social media. Exhibition of his photographic work from Mexico has been held in galleries in California including the WorldBeat Cultural Center.
In 2015, he was nominated for Social-Cause Entrepreneurship prize at the 31st annual Boulder Chamber of Commerce business awards, in recognition of his focus on building socially impactful businesses.
|2016||Alligators, Cobras, Spiders||Executive Producer||India||English, Hindi|
|2015||Untitled Occupy Movement Film||Producer, Director||US||English|
|2013||To Serve Humanity||Segment Producer||US||English, Spanish|
|2013||El Hombre Sencillo||Producer, Director||Mexico||Spanish|
|2011||Just Shoot Me Please||Producer, Writer, Director||US||English|
|2011||Both Sides of The Gun||Producer, Co-writer, Director||US||English|
|2010||A Living Miracle||Producer||Guam, US||Chamorro, Eng|
|2010||One Way Alley||Writer, Director||US||English|
|2010||Bridges in Between||Cinematographer||US||English|
|2010||A Time Will Come||Producer||India, US||Hindi, Urdu, Eng|
|2009||Amor in Motion||Editor||Brazil, US||Portuguese|
|2009||An Affair||Producer||China, US||Mandarin, Eng|
|2009||Quenching the Light||Producer||Iran, US||Persian|
|2008||Into the Blues||Director||US||English|
|2008||16 Days in Afghanistan||Producer, Editor||Afghanistan||Dari, Pashtu, Eng|
|2008||Strangers At Night||Producer, Co-writer, Director||US||English|
|2007||He Was the Beginning||Producer, Editor||US||English|
|2006||Through Her Eyes||Co-Producer, Writer, Director, Editor||India||Hindi|
|2004||Wasted Drops||Producer, Director||US||English|
|2002||Dream Possessor||Writer, Director, Producer||US||English|
- "Coolest Film Festivals: Vote For The Environmental/Social Cause Fests Most Likely To Save The World by Lara Colocino". MovieMaker Magazine.
- "Boomtown Boulder blasts off nine startups". Tech+.
- "CineSource Magazine". CineSource Magazine. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "CRY Awards". America.cry.org. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Miracle Babies - Non-Profit San Diego, CA". Miracle Babies : Non Profit.
- "Afghanland.com Afghanistan Fims Movies". afghanland.com.
- "IMDb: Most Popular Short Films With Country of Origin India". IMDb.
- "Awards". gffn.org.
- "Retrospective of Films of Rituparno Ghosh at Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre at Gulshan in Dhaka Inauguration at 6:30 PM on June 13, 2013, June 20, June 27 and July 4, 2013". hcidhaka.gov.in.
- "Mixed recipe lacks punch". The Hindu.
- [dead link]
- "USC Students Allege Racial Profiling By LAPD". NPR.org. 8 May 2013.
- "Everyday San Antonians, extraordinary photos". San Antonio Express-News.
- "Humans of San Diego". Facebook.
- "Mehr International Cultural Center (M. Gallery)". Kodoom.com.
- "Boulder Chamber Announces 2015 Esprit Entrepreneur Award Honorees - Boulder Chamber – Boulder, Colorado". Cm.boulderchamber.com. 2015-10-28. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Boulder Chamber announces 2015 Esprit Entrepreneur honorees - Boulder Daily Camera". Dailycamera.com. 2015-10-28. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|