||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mithoon at the 4th Gionnee Star Global Indian Music Academy Awards
11 January 1985 |
|Occupation(s)||Film composer, Music director, Singer, Lyricist|
Mithoon’s composition, "Tum Hi Ho" from the film Aashiqui 2 became worldwide success, breaking records and winning him numerous awards. He has a number of other successful songs in his repertoire. Already becoming a known and respected name in the music industry, his trademark use of clean, simple and uncluttered compositions has earned favour across generations.
Mithoon was born into a family of musicians. His grandfather, Pandit Ram Prasad Sharma imparted music knowledge to thousands of aspirants, many of whom are amongst today’s top musicians. His father, Naresh Sharma was a leading music arranger having worked with almost all the top composers in more than 200 movies and his uncle Pyarelal ji formed one half of the legendary composer duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
Mithoon started learning music at the age of 11. Since his father remained busy, he sent him to the right people to train himself. His father used to observe him closely and would often see what he was practicing. His father often listened to the tunes that he created.
Mithoon began his career with two re-creations: 'Woh Lamhe' in Zeher and 'Aadat' in Kalyug. In 2006, a friend of him, recommended his name to Onir (director of Bas Ek Pal), who wanted an electro-based title-track. So His first original song as a composer came out to be "Tere Bin" in 2006 for the film Bas Ek Pal by Pakistani singer Atif Aslam.
He also worked as a Guest composer for several non-film Albums like Atif Aslam's Doorie (Kuch Is Tarah) and Abhijeet Sawant's Junoon (Ek Shaqs). He released his own Album, Tu Hi Mere Rab Ki Tarah Hai in 2009 with T-Series. For this album, Mithoon traveled to the United Kingdom to rope in musicians. He worked with musicians of the Philharmonic Orchestra.
Mithoon also scored music for a Malaysian movie called Diva, where he collaborated with Malaysian R&B singer, Ning Baizura.
His moment of glory came when he composed the song “Tum Hi Ho” for Aashiqui 2. The song went on to become a Superhit and laid out a way for his fortune. He has been a guest composer on a host of movies including Murder 2, Jism 2, Yaariyan, Hamari Adhuri Kahani and Sanam Re.
|2005||Zeher||"Woh Lamhein Woh Baatein"||Co-composed: Atif Aslam, Naresh Sharma, Jal (band)|
|2005||Kalyug||"Aadat"||Co-composed: Atif Aslam, Naresh Sharma, Jal (band)|
|2006||Bas Ek Pal||"Bas Ek Pal", "Tere Bin"|
|2007||Anwar||"Maula Mere Maula", "Javeda Zindagi"|
|The Train||All songs|
|2008||Meeting Se Meeting Tak||All songs|
|2011||Murder 2||"Aye Khuda", "Phir Mohabbat", "Aye Khuda (Remix)"|
|2012||Jism 2||"Yeh Kasoor|
|Aashiqui 2||"Tum Hi Ho", "Meri Aashiqui", "Aashiqui - The Love Theme", "Aashiqui 2 Mashup"||Winner, Apsara Award for Best Lyrics for "Tum Hi Ho"
Nominated, Apsara Award for Best Music Director
Winner, IIFA Best Music Director Award with Ankit Tiwari & Jeet Ganguly
Winner, IIFA Best Lyricist Award for "Tum Hi Ho"
Winner, Filmfare Award for Best Music Director
Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist for "Tum Hi Ho"
Nominated, Screen Award for Best Music Director
Winner, BIG Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Song for "Tum Hi Ho"
Winner, Global Indian Music Award for Best Film Album with Ankit Tiwari & Jeet Ganguly
Winner, Global Indian Music Award for Best Film Song for "Tum Hi Ho"
Winner, Mirchi Music Award for Song of the Year for "Tum Hi Ho" with Arijit Singh
Winner, Mirchi Music Award for Album of the Year with Ankit Tiwari & Jeet Ganguly
Winner, Mirchi Music Award for Music Composer of the Year for "Tum Hi Ho"
Winner, Mirchi Music Award for Best Album with Ankit Tiwari & Jeet Ganguly
Nominated, Screen Weekly Award for Best Music wit Ankit Tiwari & Jeet Ganguly
Winner, Zee Cine Award for Best Music Director with Ankit Tiwari & Jeet Ganguly
Winner, Zee Cine Award for Best Lyricist for "Tum Hi Ho"
Winner, Zee Cine Award for Best Song of the Year with Arijit Singh
|Samrat & Co.||"Shukr Tera", "O Humnavaa"|
|Ek Villain||"Banjaara", "Zaroorat", "Humdard"|
|Hate Story 2||"Hai Dil Yeh Mera", "Hai Dil Yeh Mera (Remix)"|
|Creature 3D||"Hum Naa Rahein Hum", "Naam-E-Wafa", "Ik Pal Yahi", "Mehboob Ki", "Hum Naa Rahein Hum (Remix)", "Naam-E-Wafa (Remix)"|
|Hamari Adhuri Kahani||"Humnava"||with Jeet Ganguly & Ami Mishra|
|All Is Well||"Mere Humsafar"||with Himesh Reshammiya, Amaal Mallik & Meet Bros Anjjan|
|Bhaag Johnny||"Kinna Sona" & "Meri Zindagi"||with Yo Yo Honey Singh, Arko Pravo Mukherjee, Devi Sri Prasad|
|2016||Love Shhuda||"Mar Jaayen" & "Mar Jaayen (Reprise)"|
|Sanam Re||"Tere Liye" and "Sanam Re"|
|Ki and Ka||"Ji Hazoori"||Composed by Mithoon (Himself)|
|1||Tu Hi Mere Rab Ki Tarah Hai||"Tu Hi Mere Rab Ki Tarah Hai", "Kuch Dard Mujhe Tu", "Aashiqui Aashiqui", "Tu Hai", "Ab Toh Har", "Mujhe Ishq De"||2009|
|3||Doorie||"Kuch Is Tarah"||2006|
|2013||Zee Cine Awards||Best Music/Best lyrics/Song Of The Year||Aashiqui 2-Tum Hi Ho|
|2013||Filmfare Awards||Best Music Director||Aashiqui 2|
|2013||Mirchi Music Awards||Mirchi Listener Album Of The Year||Aashiqui 2|
|2013||IIFA Awards||Best Music Direction/Best Lyrics||Aashiqui 2|
|2013||Mirchi Music Awards||Song Of The Year/Music Composer Of The Year||Aashiqui 2-Tum Hi Ho|
|2013||Star Guild Awards||Best Lyrics||Aashiqui 2-Tum Hi Ho|
|2007||Stardust Awards||Standout Performance By A Music Director||Bas Ek Pal|
- India today international. Living Media International Ltd. 2007-04-01. p. 47.
- Daftuar, Swati (14 May 2014). "He is the one!". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "My music is dedicated to the heart: Mithoon". Indian Express. 18 May 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Rao, Varsha (28 June 2015). "A Songs of his soul". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Dedhia, Sonil (25 December 2015). "Mithoon: I have always been a musician on my own terms". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Gupta, Boski (9 April 2014). "The Reluctant Romantic". Daily News & Analysis. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Vijayakar, Rajiv (27 April 2015). "Mithoon: The happy composer". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Sen, Debarati (5 February 2016). "Atif Aslam: Sad, emotional songs come easily to me". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Mithoon to release non film music album". RadioandMusic.com. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Bhowmik, Arijita (27 April 2014). "IIFA Awards 2014: Deepika Padukone, Farhan Akhtar, 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' Take Away Major Honours [Full Winner's List]". International Business Times. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "59th Idea Filmfare Awards 2013: Complete list of winners". The Times of India. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "SRK touched after winning Face Of Romantic Music Award". Deccan Chronicle. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Varma, Arjun (24 February 2014). "Zee Cine Awards 2014: Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone Among Top Winners, Watch Performances [Winners List]". International Business Times. Retrieved 12 March 2016.