From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mito can refer to:
- a person
- Anji Mito, a fictional character from the video game Guilty Gear
- a place name
- Mito, Ibaraki, a Japanese city
- Mito, Aichi, a Japanese town
- Mito, Shimane, a Japanese town
- Mitō, Yamaguchi, a Japanese town
- Mito District, a district in the province of Concepción, Peru
- a feudal domain
- Mito domain, in the Japanese Edo period
- Cagiva Mito, an Italian sports motorcycle made by Cagiva
- Alfa Romeo MiTo, a mini Italian sports car made by Alfa Romeo since 2008
- a plant
- Vasconcellea candicans (Mito), a South American plant of the genus Vasconcellea
- an acronym
- a root word
- Mito-, Greek for "thread" (μίτος, mítos, masc.), as in mitochondria or mitosis (the process of eukaryotic cell division that requires chromosomes to acquire thread-like shapes).
The word is traditionally associated with the Cretan princess Ariadne, who gave Theseus a woven mitos to help him navigate the Labyrinth.
- Mito, a Drift City type of currency
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mito.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.