From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the town in Aichi Prefecture, Japan. For the capital city of Ibaraki Prefecture, see Mito, Ibaraki. There are two towns with names written identically in Japanese in two other prefectures; see Mitsu, Hyogo and Mitsu, Okayama.
Mito Town Office
Location of Mito in Aichi Prefecture
|Merged||January 15, 2008
(now part of Toyokawa)
|• Total||18.73 km2 (7.23 sq mi)|
|Population (November 1, 2007)|
|• Density||722.69/km2 (1,871.8/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Japanese Black Pine|
|• Flower||Dwarf azalea|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Website||City of Toyokawa|
- 1930: Mito Town was founded.
- 1939: Symbol of Mito was adopted.
- 1947: Mito Junior High School was founded. Goyu Station changed its name to Aichi-Mito Station.
- 1976: New town office was completed.
- 1979: Crematory was completed.
- 1980: Ceremony to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of Mito Town was held.
- 1986: Mito High School was founded.
- 1992: Mt. Mito promenade (御津山遊歩道) was completed. Water purification plant was completed.
- 1995: Heartful Hall was completed.
- 1996: The first Mito Festival (みとまつり Mito Matsuri) was held.
- 2000: Welfare and Health Center opened.
- October 2, 2007: Mito Town Library opened in the Heartful Hall.
- January 15, 2008: Mito Town, along with Otowa Town (also from Hoi District), was merged into the expanded Toyokawa City.
- Mito Nanbu Primary School
- Mito Hokubu Primary School
Junior High school
- Mito Junior High School
- Mito High School (御津高校)
- Heartful Hall
- Mito Town Library
- Central Japan Railway Company
- Nagoya Railroad
- Meitetsu Tohbu Kanko (Sunrise Bus) - Toyohashi Line
- Daionji Temple (大恩寺)
- Mt. Mito (御津山)
- Miyukihama (御幸浜)
- Ruins of the Takemoto Castle (竹本城址)
- Mikawa Coastal Green Tract (三河臨海緑地)
- Mikawa-Mito Marina (三河御津マリーナ)
Noted persons from Mito
- Kayoko Ohara (小原 佳代子) - Nankai Broadcasting's announcer
Media related to Mito, Aichi at Wikimedia Commons
- Toyokawa Official website (Japanese)
|This Aichi Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|