|Native name||میترا فراهانی|
|Notable work||Fifi Howls from Happiness|
She was arrested on June 17, 2009 by the Iranian government, on her arrival in Tehran from Paris and held in Evin Prison. It is said that her arrest is linked to the crackdown of opposition by the Iranian regime following the presidential election and also making the regime angry by making some non-Islamic films outside Iran. The Iranian government released her from prison on 30 June 2009.
Farahani has directed several films including;
- Juste une femme (in English: Just a Woman) (2002), a film about Morvarid's recent gender reassignment in Iran.
- Tabous - Zohre & Manouchehr (2004)
- Behjat Sadr: Time Suspended (2006)
- Fifi az Khoshhali Zooze Mikeshad (in English: Fifi Howls from Happiness) (2012), a documentary about the Iranian painter, sculptor and theatre director, Bahman Mohasses.
Farahani has worked as a cinematographer for films including;
- Ziarat (English: Pilgrimage)(2005)
- Fifi az Khoshhali Zooze Mikeshad (in English: Fifi Howls from Happiness) (2012)
Farahani's Just a Woman film won a Teddy Award in 2002.
- List of Iranian artists
- 2009 Iranian election protests
- Story of Zohre and Manouchehr in Iraj Mirza's page
- Bahman Kiarostami, someone that frequently works with Mitra Farahani on films
- http://www.laboratorioimmaginedonna.it/Tabous%20zohre%20&%20manouchehr.htm Archived 2006-05-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Behjat Sadr: Time Suspended". Butimar Productions. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "Iran election: faces of the dead and detained". The Guardian. 2010-01-28. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "Iran - Imprisonnement of the film-maker Mitra Farahani". BuddhaChannel. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "Mitra Farahani". IMDb. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "Berlinale 2014: International Jury". Berlinale. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
|This article about an Iranian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|