This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
13 June 1894|
Sorbaibondha, Jorhat, Assam
|Died||26 March 1983|
|Occupation||Writer, Social Activist|
|Notable awards||Sangeet Natak Akademi Award|
Mitradev Mahanta (Assamese: মিত্ৰদেৱ মহন্ত, 1894–1983) was a noted writer, dramatist, historical researcher, freedom fighter and actor from Assam. He won the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award. He was the president of the Assam Sahitya Sabha in 1964 held at Digobi. He was born at Letugram Xatra, Sarbaibandha at Jorhat, Assam on 13 June 1894.
Published Assamese Books'
- Laklou Lani (লেকলৌ লানি) - 1915
- Biya Biporjoy (বিয়া বিপৰ্যয়) - 1924
- Gyan Lohori (জ্ঞান লহৰী) - 1924
- Chandrahar (চন্দ্ৰহাৰ) - 1925
- Dhurba (ধ্ৰুৱ) - 1925
- Mou Mohabharat - 1925
- Mohan Bhog (মোহন ভোগ) - 1925 etc.
- Niboka Roja (নিবোকা ৰজা) - 1928
- "Mitradev Mahanta?s compilation of writings released". The Sentinel. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|