Mitsubishi FBR Systems
Mitsubishi FBR Systems, Inc. (MFBR) is a company formed on July 1, 2007 by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to develop Fast breeder reactor technology. The establishment of the company was based on the April 2007 decision by the Japanese government to select Mitsubishi as the core company for FBR development. Expectations are for a demonstration reactor for launching by 2025 and a full commercial plant by 2050, and for FBRs to eventually supersede Light water reactor technology in Japan.
- Capitalization: 100 million yen
- Stock holders: Currently exclusively Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, but there are plans to eventually accept investments from Japanese electric utility companies
- Employees: 50, expanding to 160 by 2015
- Location: Jingū-mae (神宮前) in Shibuya, Tokyo
- President: Keizō Okada, the General Manager of the MHI Nuclear Systems Engineering Department
- Company website (in Japanese)