|The Mitsubishi MH2000 of the EXCEL AIR SERVICE.|
|Manufacturer||Mitsubishi Heavy Industries|
|First flight||29 July 1996|
|Primary users||Excel Air Service
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
|Number built||at least 5|
Design and development
The MH2000 is Japan's first indigenous helicopter with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) having sole responsibility for developing and manufacturing the fuselage and engines.
In the development of the MH2000, MHI aimed for safety, economy and low noise levels. The program was launched in 1995 to fulfill a variety of missions, include passenger and business transport, law enforcement, search and rescue and emergency medical services.
The first of four developmental aircraft first flew on 29 July 1996, the second flying later that year and the remaining two used for ground testing. The MH2000 has its engine module and dynamic system positioned behind the cabin section to minimize sound levels in the passenger compartment. Power is provided by a pair of Mitsubishi MG5-100 turboshaft engines.
The first production model was delivered on October 1, 2000 to Excel air service in Japan. The loss of one prototype due to tail rotor blade separation led to suspension of type certificate and redesign of tail rotor. Delivered craft were modified with the new rotor and all further craft will be delivered with the new tail rotor.
Data from 
- Crew: 1 or 2
- Capacity: passengers: 6-12, 2,000 kg (4,409 lb) payload
- Length: 12.2 m (40 ft 0 in) 14 m (46 ft) rotors turning
- Width: 3.2 m (10 ft 6 in) (fuselage)
- Height: 4.1 m (13 ft 5 in)
- Empty weight: 2,500 kg (5,512 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 4,500 kg (9,921 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Mitsubishi MG5-110 turboshaft
- Main rotor diameter: 12.2 m (40 ft 0 in)
- Cruise speed: 250 km/h (155 mph; 135 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 278 km/h (173 mph; 150 kn)
- Range: 777 km (483 mi; 420 nmi)
- Endurance: 4 hours
- IGE max hovering altitude @ MTOW: 2,700 m (8,858 ft)
World aircraft information files brightstar publishing London sheet 34 file 901
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mitsubishi MH2000.|