Nikkei 225 Component
|Headquarters||3-2, Marunouchi 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8117, Japan|
|Revenue||US$14.36 billion (FY 2018) (¥ 1,599 billion JPY) (FY 2018)|
|US$988 million (FY 2018) (¥ 110.11 billion JPY) (FY 2018)|
Number of employees
|26,959 (consolidated as of March 31, 2018)|
|Footnotes / references|
Mitsubishi Materials Corporation (三菱マテリアル株式会社, Mitsubishi Materiaru Kabushiki-gaisha), or MMC, is a Japanese company. It is a manufacturer of cement products, copper and aluminum products, cemented carbide tools, and electronic materials. It is one of the core companies of Mitsubishi Group.
In 2018 Mitsubishi Materials admitted that five of its subsidiaries, Mitsubishi Cable Industries Ltd., Mitsubishi Shindoh Co., Mitsubishi Aluminum Co., Tachibana Metal MFG Co. and Diamet Corp., had falsified quality data over the past three years on shipments including aluminium and automotive components. Mitsubishi Materials has started investigations at about 120 factories in its group.
Mitsubishi Materials Corporation has eight business sections, which are:
- Cement business
- Metals business
- Advanced materials & tools business
- Energy business
- Electronic materials & components business
- Recycling business
- Resource-, environment-, and recycling-related products
- Aluminum business
- Precious metals business
- "Corporate Profile". Mitsubishi Materials. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Falsified data scandal widens at Mitsubishi Materials". The Asahi Shimbun. 9 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
Media related to Mitsubishi Materials at Wikimedia Commons
- Company website (in English)