|Mitsubishi Xpander (NC1W)|
|Also called||Nissan Livina (ND1W)|
|Production||August 2017 – present|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Engine||1.5 L 4A91 MIVEC I4 (petrol)|
|Power output||77 kW (103 hp; 105 PS)|
|Wheelbase||2,775 mm (109.3 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,220–1,275 kg (2,690–2,811 lb)|
The Mitsubishi Xpander is a seven-seat compact MPV manufactured in Indonesia and designed by Mitsubishi Motors. The design was previewed by the XM Concept that was first displayed at the 24th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in August 2016. The official teaser images of the car were revealed on the Mitsubishi Motors website on July 17, 2017. The car was unveiled in Jakarta on July 24, 2017 and debuted on August 10, 2017 at the 25th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show. The car went on sale in Indonesia on October 3, 2017 and has been exported to the Philippines, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Brunei, Cambodia, Bolivia, Peru, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Egypt, and Sri Lanka. A rebadged and redesigned variant of the Xpander, with mainly different front and rear fascias is sold by Nissan as the second generation Livina in Indonesia since February 2019. The Xpander is also available in crossover-inspired variant called Xpander Cross.
|NC1W||1.5||1,499 cc 4A91 DOHC 16-valve MIVEC inline-four||5-speed manual
|77 kW (103 hp; 105 PS) at 6,000 rpm||141 N⋅m (104 lb⋅ft) at 4,000 rpm|
In Indonesia, the Xpander is available in five trim levels: GLX, GLS, Exceed, Sport and Ultimate. The manual transmission was initially offered in GLX, GLS and Exceed trims, while the automatic transmission was initially offered in Exceed, Sport and Ultimate trims. The GLS trim with automatic transmission and Sport trim with manual transmission were added later in August 2018 during the 26th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show. The Exceed, Sport and Ultimate trims have 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels, while the GLX trim has 15-inch steel wheels (later with hubcaps after the October 2018 improvement) and the GLS trim has 15-inch standard alloy wheels. The Xpander's interior colour is black-beige, with the exception of the Sport trim which has full black interior. Most trim levels have silver panel on its interior, while the Ultimate trim has wooden panel. The Limited Edition variant which is based on the Ultimate trim with body kit was made available in April 2019 to commemorate the sale of the Xpander which has reached 100,000 units. Only 1,000 units were made. It was introduced at the 27th Indonesia International Motor Show.
The Xpander received its facelift on February 21, 2020 with a redesigned grille and LED headlamps similar to the Xpander Cross. The Exceed, Sport and Ultimate trims received redesigned 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels and some equipments were changed. "Titanium Gray Metallic" colour was replaced by "Graphite Gray Metallic" for Sport and Ultimate trims. The GLX trim is discontinued.
On October 20, 2020, the Black Edition variant based on the Exceed trim was launched. It is limited to 1,000 units.
In 2021, the Xpander receive the minor update for GLS and Exceed trims. The update was given for those trims is the black-beige color interior, akin to the Sport trim.
In the Philippines, the pre-facelift Xpander is available in four trim levels: GLX, GLX Plus, GLS and GLS Sport. The GLX and GLX Plus trims have black front grille, body coloured door handle and is equipped with four speakers. The GLX trim is equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, 15-inch alloy wheels, 2 DIN infotainment system (without navigation) and is not equipped with fog lamps. The GLX Plus, GLS and GLS Sport trims are equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission, 7-inch infotainment screen with navigation, 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels and fog lamps. The GLS trim is equipped with chrome door handles, smart entry with start push button, power folding side mirrors and six speakers. The GLS Sport is equipped with wrap around body kit and safety features such as stability control, traction control and hill-start assist. All variants are equipped with anti-lock braking system with electronic brakeforce distribution, audio control on steering wheel, cruise control and tilt-telescopic adjustment on steering wheel.
The facelifted Xpander was launched in the Philippines in March 2020 alongside the Xpander Cross, which replaced the GLS Sport trim, making the regular Xpander available in 3 trim levels. All models except the GLX Manual receives a new alloy wheel design, all variants receives a new brown interior while the GLS And Cross variant receives LED Headlamps. The Xpander cross receives a few changes including a higher ground clearance, larger alloy wheels, roof rails, skid plates and black cladding design.
In Thailand, the Xpander is available in two trim levels: GLS Limited and GT.
In Brunei, the Xpander was launched in Brunei on May 17, 2019. The trim levels offered are GLX and GLS with manual or automatic transmissions.
The facelifted Xpander for the Bruneian market was launched in the end of November 2020.
In Myanmar, the Xpander is available in one trim level: GLS. It has been sold since September 2019.
In Bangladesh, the Xpander is only available in one trim level: GLS.
The Xpander is only offered in one trim in Malaysia and was launched on November 20, 2020.
The Xpander Cross is the crossover-inspired variant of the standard Xpander. It was first introduced in Indonesia on November 12, 2019. The Xpander Cross for the Indonesian market is based on the Ultimate trim and comes with redesigned grille, restyled front and rear bumpers, addition of black over fenders, side body garnish, roof rails, LED headlamps and fog lamps, black tailgate garnish, shark fin antenna, 17-inch two-tone alloy wheels, revised suspension system with higher ground clearance at 225 mm (8.9 in), rear window defogger, and black and brown interior with silver panels. It is available with either manual or automatic transmission. The Premium Package with leather seats, hood emblem and V-Kool window film is also offered as an option for the Xpander Cross with automatic transmission. On October 20, 2020, like the standard Xpander, the Rockford Fosgate Black Edition variant based on the Premium Package trim was launched, which is limited to 500 units. Another Rockford Fosgate Black Edition variant was launched on June 10, 2021 with additional 360-degree camera.
The car was well received at the 2017 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show, as Mitsubishi Motors received 11,827 bookings for the Xpander during the event. To meet the unexpected high demand, the MMKI plant increased the production output from 5,000 to 10,000 units per month by early 2018. Mitsubishi Motors set a target to export 30,000 units of the car annually. The Xpander was exported to the Philippines, which made its debut there on March 1, 2018 and went on sale in May 2018 as the replacement to the Adventure. As of September 2018, more than 100,000 units of the car has been sold since its introduction. In 2018, the Xpander became the second best-selling car in Indonesia, behind the Toyota Avanza. In 2019, the Xpander was the most-exported car in Indonesia, with 64,714 units exported overseas.
The Xpander has received mixed reviews from critics and journalists from its overseas export markets. Anton Andres of the Manila-based AutoIndustriya.com rated the car 8 out of 10, noting that the car is "comfortable, fuel-efficient, easy to drive (and park), and hugely practical" and "is relatively well equipped and the entire car is well thought out and put together". However, Andres gave a note about its steep price and the following price bumps, but he claimed that it is the best small MPV available if price is taken out of the equation. Richard Leu of Bangkok Post gave a score of 6 out of 10, claimed that the engine is unremarkable as it lacks power and mated to an antiquated 4-speed automatic, and commented that the Xpander is "solely about usability and not driving ability". Bangkok Post also pointed out that the Xpander is unable to undercut the 150 g/km level of CO2 emissions and to meet E85-compability, making it liable to an excise tax of 30%.
This section needs to be updated.(January 2020)
The Xpander AP4 is a rally car that will compete in the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship in the AP4 class. It was first shown as the prototype at the 27th Indonesia International Motor Show through April to May 2019. The exterior has been modified to meet FIA AP4 rally standards. The interior has been stripped down and the roll cage has been added. The air conditioning and other unnecessary features has also been removed. The race-ready version of the car was shown at the 27th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in July 2019. It is powered by a sleeved and de-stroked 2.0 L 4B11 engine to the displacement of 1.6 L and produced 261 kW (350 hp; 355 PS) and 556 N⋅m (410 lb⋅ft) of torque with the power transferred to the four-wheel drive system. The car would originally made its official rally debut at the NZRC Goldrush Rally of Coromandel in Moewai Park, Whitianga, New Zealand from August 16 to 17, 2019 and piloted by Rifat Sungkar of Xpander Rally Team with Muhammad Redwan as the co-driver, but the FIA homologation process had not been finished at the time. The team then would use a Lancer Evolution VI spare car to be still able to compete in the rally. The Xpander AP4 has a claimed development cost of more than Rp 4,000,000,000 (approximately US$288,000 as of July 2019).
|ASEAN NCAP scores|
- "Mitsubishi xuất xưởng Xpander lắp ráp, hưởng ưu đãi 50% trước bạ" [Mitsubishi starts Xpander assembly, would enjoy a 50% discount on registration]. Báo Quảng Ngãi (in Vietnamese). Retrieved July 20, 2020.
- "Mitsubishi Xpander akan dipasang secara CKD, kini dipamerkan di Mid Valley hingga 13 September 2020 - paultan.org" [The Mitsubishi Xpander will be CKD assembled, currently on display in Mid Valley until September 13, 2020]. Paul Tan's Automotive News. September 8, 2020. Retrieved September 8, 2020.
- "Tsunehiro Kunimoto, Pria Dibalik Desain Dynamic Shield Mitsubishi" [Tsunehiro Kunimoto, The Man Behind The Mitsubishi Dynamic Shield Design]. Mitsubishi Motors Indonesia (in Indonesian). Retrieved February 21, 2021.
Salah satu desain Kunimoto yang paling fenomenal adalah ketika ia mengembangkan Mitsubishi Xpander.
- "Mitsubishi Motors to Globally Unveil Small Crossover MPV at Indonesia International Auto Show 2017". Mitsubishi Motors. July 17, 2017. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Katana, Satria (July 24, 2017). "Mitsubishi Expander Resmi Diperkenalkan!". Autonetmagz.com. Retrieved July 24, 2017.
- "Mitsubishi Motors expands its Indonesian and ASEAN footprint with all-new XPANDER people-carrier". Mitsubishi Motors. August 10, 2017. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- Pablo, Samuel. "Jadi Raja Nasional, Xpander Rambah Pasar Ekspor ke 6 Negara". news.
- Maulana, Aditya (February 19, 2019). "Nissan Livina Xpander Resmi Meluncur, Harga Mulai Rp 198,8 Juta" [Nissan Livina Xpander Officially Launches, Prices Start at Rp. 198.8 Million]. Kompas.com (in Indonesian). Jakarta, Indonesia. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Kurniawan, Ruly (February 19, 2019). "Nissan Livina Rasa Xpander Resmi Meluncur" [Nissan Livina Xpander Taste Officially Launches] (Press release) (in Indonesian). Jakarta, Indonesia: detikOto. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "MITSUBISHI MOTORS introduces XPANDER CROSS - a new rugged crossover MPV built for style, capability and comfort". Mitsubishi Motors. November 12, 2019. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Anshori, Luthfi (November 12, 2019). "Perdana di Dunia, Mitsubishi Xpander Cross Meluncur di Indonesia". detikOto (in Indonesian). Jakarta, Indonesia. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Nam, Nguyễn (July 20, 2020). "Mitsubishi Xpander lắp ráp CKD ra mắt Việt Nam" [CKD-assembled Mitsubishi Xpander launched in Vietnam]. carpassion.vn (in Vietnamese). Retrieved July 20, 2020.
- "Mitsubishi Xpander 2020 sẽ được lắp ráp tại Việt Nam?" [Will Mitsubishi Xpander 2020 be assembled in Vietnam?]. zingnews.vn. Retrieved July 20, 2020.
- "Mitsubishi XPANDER Confirmed CKD, on Display in MidValley KL". www.dsf.my. Retrieved September 8, 2020.
- "6 Varian Xpander plus Harganya". Warta Kota.
- "Resmi Meluncur, Segini Harga Mitsubishi Xpander Limited Edition. Cuma Ada 1.000 Unit Lo - GridOto.com". www.gridoto.com.
- VIVA, PT VIVA MEDIA BARU- (April 25, 2019). "Mitsubishi Luncurkan Xpander Paling Mewah - VIVA". www.viva.co.id.
- Katana, Satria (April 25, 2019). "IIMS 2019 : Mitsubishi Resmi Rilis Xpander Limited Edition". AutonetMagz :: Review Mobil dan Motor Baru Indonesia.
- Hafid, Muhammad (February 22, 2020). "Setelah Suzuki XL7, Giliran Mitsubishi Xpander Terbaru Meluncur". Oto.com (in Indonesian). Jakarta, Indonesia. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- https://otodriver.com/berita/2020/galeri-mitsubishi-xpander-cross-rockford-fosgate-black-edition-dan-xpander-black-edition-20-foto-galccfhh oto
- "Mitsubishi Motors Philippines officially launches the all–new XPANDER". Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation.
- Limited, Bangkok Post Public Company. "2018 Mitsubishi Xpander: Thai prices and specs". Bangkok Post.
- Othman, Azlan (May 18, 2019). "New compact MPV enters Brunei market /#AsiaNewsNetwork". Eleven Media Group Co., Ltd. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "Xpander Model Year 2020 – Mitsubishi Motor Myanmar". Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- "Xpander | Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh". Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- Lim, Anthony (November 20, 2020). "Mitsubishi Xpander now on display in showrooms nationwide – first deliveries of seven-seater begin". Paultan. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- Leu, Richard (March 16, 2020). "2020 Mitsubishi Xpander Cross: Thai pricing and specs". Bangkok Post. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- Muhammad Ikhsan (August 21, 2017). "Wow, Mitsubishi Xpander Terjual 11.827 Unit di GIIAS 2017".
- Naufal Shafly (February 7, 2018). "Pesanan Mitsubishi Xpander Tinggi, Begini Siasat Produksinya".
- VIVA, PT VIVA MEDIA BARU- (November 3, 2018). "Laris Manis, Lebih dari 100 Ribu Unit Xpander Berhasil Terjual – VIVA". www.viva.co.id.
- Rayanti, Dina. "Depak Xpander, Avanza Mobil Terlaris Indonesia Tahun 2018". detikoto.
- "Ini 5 Mobil Buatan Indonesia yang Paling Diminati Negara Tetangga". suara.com (in Indonesian). January 30, 2020. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- "2020 Mitsubishi Xpander GLX Plus AT - Car Reviews". AutoIndustriya.com. March 7, 2020. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- "Mitsubishi Xpander 1.5 GT (2018) review". Bangkok Post. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- "In the name of Evo: Mitsubishi just built a rally-ready Xpander". AutoIndustriya.
- "Xpander Tampil Galak Berjubah Reli". KOMPAS.com. Kompas Cyber Media.
- "Kerennya Bisa Kalahin Xpander Limited Edition dan Siap Terjun Rally Beneran". GridOto.com.
- Katana, Satria (April 25, 2019). "IIMS 2019: Mitsubishi Xpander AP4 Concept, Siap Diajak Rally". AutonetMagz.
- "Ini Dia Tampang Mitsubishi Xpander AP4 Concept". Bisnis.com.
- "Mitsubishi Xpander AP4 Bikinan Rifat Sungkar Siap Turun Rally Asia-Pasifik". GridOto.com.
- "Mitsubishi Xpander AP4 – crossover turned rally car with 350 hp/556 Nm Evolution X engine, all-wheel drive". paultan.org. PaulTan.
- "This Mitsubishi Xpander has the heart of a Lancer Evo X". AutoIndustriya.
- "Rifat Sungkar Pelajari Xpander Reli Sampai ke Selandia Baru". KOMPAS.com. Kompas Cyber Media.
- "Rifat Sungkar Bawa Xpander Rally Team ke Reli di Selandia Baru, Simak Persiapannya". GridOto.com.
- "Xpander Reli Milik Rifat Gagal Tampil, Tim FIA Punya Alasan Ini". GridOto.com.
- "Rifat Sungkar Tetap Ikut Reli Selandia Baru, Tidak Pakai Xpander Melainkan Mitsubishi Lancer Evo". Mobilinanews.com.
- "Demi Balap AP4, Biaya Bangun Xpander Reli Ini Tembus Rp 4 Miliar". Oto.com.
- "MITSUBISHI XPANDER". Aseancap. February 5, 2018. Retrieved June 30, 2020.
- "Report on car sales in Vietnam". xeoto.com.vn. Archived from the original on January 16, 2021. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- "Terjual 11 Ribu Unit, Xpander Dongkrak Penjualan Mitsubishi Selama 2017". Tribunnews.com. February 16, 2018.
- Andres, Anton (February 18, 2019). "Mitsubishi Xpander is country's best-selling small MPV of 2018". Auto Industry News. Philippines. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- "Hatchback+Sedan". HeadlightMag.com. Thailand. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- Rahadiansyah, Rangga (January 23, 2020). "20 Mobil Terlaris 2019" [20 of Indonesia's Best Selling Cars in 2019]. Detik.com (in Indonesian). Indonesia: Trans Media. Retrieved January 24, 2020.
- Sarne, V. Vernon B. "The models responsible for Mitsubishi PH's 64,065 sold units in 2019". visor.ph. Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- "สรุปยอดขาย Mini MPV ปี 2019 : Mitsubishi Xpander ครองแชมป์ 16,196 คัน เตรียมเสริมทัพ Cross มีนาคม นี้ !". HeadLight Magazine (in Thai). February 11, 2020. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- electrodealpro. "Top 10 best-selling cars in Vietnam in 2019: Toyota Vios dominates | Electronic Deal Pro". Retrieved January 30, 2020.
- Rahadiansyah, Rangga. "Bukan Avanza Rajanya, Ini Mobil Terlaris 2020 di Indonesia". detikoto (in Indonesian). Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- Sarne, Vernon B. (February 6, 2021). "See Mitsubishi PH's per-model sales breakdown in 2020". visor.ph. Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- "Top 4 Report on car sales in Vietnam 2020". xeoto.com.vn. Archived from the original on January 16, 2021. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mitsubishi Xpander.|
- Official website (global)