2017 Mitsubishi Xpander Sport (Indonesia)
|Assembly||Indonesia: Bekasi (PT Mitsubishi Motors Krama Yudha Indonesia - MMKI)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Engine||1.5 L 4A91 MIVEC I4 (petrol)|
|Power output||76 kW (102 hp; 103 PS)|
|Wheelbase||2,775 mm (109.3 in)|
|Length||4,475 mm (176.2 in)|
|Width||1,750 mm (68.9 in)|
|Height||1,700 mm (66.9 in)|
The Mitsubishi Xpander (Japanese: 三菱・エクスパンダー Mitsubishi Ekusupandā) is a seven-seater MPV designed and manufactured in Indonesia by Mitsubishi Motors. It was first teased on the Mitsubishi Motors website on 17 July 2017. It was unveiled on 24 July 2017 in Jakarta and launched on 10 August 2017 at the 2017 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in South Tangerang. It went on sale on 3 October 2017. It was previewed by the XM Concept that was first shown at the same show earlier in August 2016.
The car was well received at the 2017 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS), as pre-orders reached 11,827 units during the event.. To meet the high demand for the car in both the Indonesian and overseas markets, Mitsubishi's Indonesian operation increased production from 5,000 units per month to 10,000 units per month. Mitsubishi began exporting Xpander vehicles to the Philippines. Initially, the carmaker sent 400 of the 21,000 cars ordered for 2018. Mitsubishi set as a target to export 30,000 Xpander MPVs to that country. It also plans to export the MPVs to Thailand (6,000 cars), Vietnam (1,000 cars), African countries (1,000 cars), Middle Eastern countries (500 cars) and South American countries (500 cars).[vague]
- "Mitsubishi Motors to Globally Unveil Small Crossover MPV at Indonesia International Auto Show 2017". Mitsubishi Motors. 17 July 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- Katana, Satria (24 July 2017). "Mitsubishi Expander Resmi Diperkenalkan!". Autonetmagz.com. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Mitsubishi Motors expands its Indonesian and ASEAN footprint with all-new XPANDER people-carrier". Mitsubishi Motors. 10 August 2017. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- Muhammad Ikhsan (August 21, 2017). "Wow, Mitsubishi Xpander Terjual 11.827 Unit di GIIAS 2017".
- Naufal Shafly (February 7, 2018). "Pesanan Mitsubishi Xpander Tinggi, Begini Siasat Produksinya".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mitsubishi Xpander.|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|