Mittermeier's mouse lemur
|Mittermeier's mouse lemur|
Louis et al., 2006
|Distribution of M. mittermeieri|
Mittermeier's mouse lemur (Microcebus mittermeieri) is a species of mouse lemur known only from Anjanaharibe-Sud Special Reserve in Madagascar. The species is named in honor of primatologist Russell Mittermeier, who is President of Conservation International.
Mittermeier's mouse lemur is the smallest of the east coast mouse lemurs. Its body is light reddish-brown to rust with orange tints at the base of its limbs. The belly is whitish-brown and there is a distinctive white patch on the snout, past the level of the eyes. The tail tip is black.
The finding was announced June 21, 2006 at the Conservation International Global Symposium in Antananarivo, Madagascar, along with the discovery of Jolly's mouse lemur Microcebus jollyae and Simmons' mouse lemur Microcebus simmonsi as separate species. These new species were also officially announced in a paper in the International Journal of Primatology.
- Andriaholinirina, N.; et al. (2014). "Microcebus mittermeieri". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.1. International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Checklist of CITES Species". CITES. UNEP-WCMC. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Mittermeier, R., Ganzhorn, J., Konstant, W., Glander, K., Tattersall, I., Groves, C., Rylands, A., Hapke, A., Ratsimbazafy, J., Mayor, M., Louis, E., Rumpler, Y., Schwitzer, C. & Rasoloarison, R. (December 2008). "Lemur Diversity in Madagascar". International Journal of Primatology 29 (6): 1607–1656. doi:10.1007/s10764-008-9317-y.
- Three new lemurs take a bow in Madagascar - Reuters News Release
- Edward E. Louis, Melissa S. Coles, Rambinintsoa Andriantompohavana, Julie A. Sommer, Shannon E. Engberg, John R. Zaonarivelo, Mireya I. Mayor, Rick A. Brenneman (2006). "Revision of the Mouse Lemurs (Microcebus) of Eastern Madagascar". International Journal of Primatology 27 (2): 347–389. doi:10.1007/s10764-006-9036-1.
|Wikispecies has information related to: Mittermeier's mouse lemur|
|This lemur-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|