This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Acoustica, Inc.(Yosemite Valley, CA)
7.5 build 289 / October 7th, 2015
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Digital Audio Workstation|
Mixcraft is a multitrack recording application for Windows. This music recording software functions as a digital audio workstation, MIDI sequencer, virtual instrument host, non-linear video arranger, and music loop recording program.
There are currently three versions of Mixcraft available:
- Mixcraft Home Studio: An entry-level version that is limited to 16 tracks of audio and MIDI. It contains 6 virtual instruments and 20 audio effects. It also contains a loop library of 2,000 loops, samples, and sound effects. This version is suited for the consumer, hobbyist, and or anyone wanting to perform simple audio and MIDI related projects.
- Mixcraft (Standard): This is the default and download only version of the program. It comes with unlimited audio, MIDI, video, and virtual instrument tracks. It includes a loop library of 7,000 loops, samples, and sound effects. This version is for anyone looking to upgrade from Home Studio, or simply wanting to use Mixcraft more than what Home Studio has to offer.
- Mixcraft Pro Studio: This professional version extends the functionality of Mixcraft (Standard) by adding 5 more virtual instruments, and 27 more audio effects (including mastering effects). This version is aimed for professional musicians, producers, and engineers.
- Streamlined Interface: The interface is user-friendly and easy to understand similar to Cakewalk or Presonus products.
- MIDI: This feature allows you to record MIDI data played on one or more MIDI controller keyboard.
- VSTi Support: This feature allows virtual instruments to be played, sequenced, and recorded via MIDI data.
- Multitrack Recording: This feature allows users to create recordings from multiple soundcard/audio interface inputs simultaneously. With a MIDI keyboard connected, one can record both through microphone and the keyboard at the same time.
- Performance Clip Sequencing: Similar to Ableton and Bitwig, it also supports pattern clip–based arrangement.
- Tempo Matching: This feature will attempt to detect the tempo and key of a prerecorded audio file, and change the tempo to match the project tempo.
- Audio Time Stretching & Pitch Shifting: Mixcraft uses an advanced algorithm to provide high quality time stretching and pitch shifting while minimizing CPU usage.
- Multiple Import/Export Formats: Supporting MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AIFF file formats.
- Video Sequencing: Editing, Adding Images, Adding Font, Automation, and Effects.
- Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 was awarded 9/10 on MusicTech
- Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 received the Computer Music PERFORMANCE award in 2015
- Mixcraft 7 was awarded the School Band and Orchestra award for Best Teaching Tool For Advanced Students—part of the Best Tools For Schools Award 2015.
- Mixcraft 6 was awarded Electronic Musician Magazine's top honor, their Editor's Choice Award, for 2013 in the January 2013 issue.
- Mixcraft 6 was awarded Keyboard Magazine's top honor, their Key Buy award, by Craig Anderton in their December 2012 issue.
- Mixcraft 6 was awarded MusicTech Magazine's Value Award, along with a product review score of 8 out of 10, in their October 2012 issue.
- Mixcraft 6 was awarded PC Pro Magazine's PC Pro Recommended Award, along with an Overall Rating of 5 out of 6, in their September 2012 issue.
- Mixcraft 5 was given Keyboard Magazine's top honor, their Key Buy award, by Craig Anderton in their May 2010 issue.
- Mixcraft 5 was given Computer Music Magazine's top honor, their Editor's Choice Award, along with a product review score of 9 out of 10, in the May 2010 issue.
- Mixcraft 5 was given Computer Music Magazine's Value Award in their May 2010 issue.
- Mixcraft 5 was given MusicTech Magazine's Value Award, along with a product review score of 8 out of 10, in their May 2010 issue.
- Mixcraft 4 was given Keyboard Magazine's top honor, their Key Buy award, by Craig Anderton in their May 2008 issue.
- Mixcraft 4 was given Computer Music Magazine's Value Award, along with a product review score of 8 out of 10, in their May 2008 issue.
- Version 7.1: released 07/21/15—includes many enhancements, optimizations and fixes a number of issues.
- Version 7: released 11/27/14—new performance panel live mode, additional plugins, step editor, automation recording
- Version 6: released 05/05/12
- Version Pro Studio 5: three New Virtual Instruments and four additional mixing and mastering effects.
- Version 5: added many new features over the previous version 4.5, including video scoring and editing, effects automation, a mixer interface, a virtual typing keyboard, several new instruments and effects, and hundreds of new loops. The final version in the 5.0 series was 5.2 build 152.
- Version 4: added MIDI sequencing and VSTi virtual instruments. The final version in the 4.0 series was 4.5 build 118.
- Version 3: contained many improvements over the previous version 2.51, including a new graphic user interface (GUI), multitrack recording, and support for music loops from Sony ACID Pro and Apple GarageBand.