|Developer(s)||Acoustica, Inc. (Yosemite Valley, CA)|
9.0 build 460 / April 24, 2020
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Digital audio workstation|
Mixcraft is a multitrack recording application for Windows. This music recording software functions as a digital audio workstation, MIDI sequencer, virtual instrument host, non-linear video arranger, and music loop recording program.
There are currently two versions of Mixcraft available:
- Mixcraft Recording Studio: This is the default and download only version of the program. It comes with unlimited audio, MIDI, video, and virtual instrument tracks. It includes a loop library of 7,000 loops, samples, and sound effects.
- Mixcraft Pro Studio: This professional version extends the functionality of Mixcraft (Standard) by adding more virtual instruments, and more audio effects (including mastering effects). This version is aimed for professional musicians, producers, and engineers. Pro also includes integrated ARA Melodyne.
- MIDI: This feature allows you to record MIDI data played on one or more MIDI controller keyboard.
- VSTi Support: This feature allows virtual instruments to be played, sequenced, and recorded via MIDI data. (Includes VST 3)
- Multitrack Recording: This feature allows users to create recordings from multiple soundcard/audio interface inputs simultaneously. With a MIDI keyboard connected, one can record both through microphone and the keyboard at the same time.
- Performance Clip Sequencing: Similar to Ableton and Bitwig, it also supports pattern clip–based arrangement.
- Tempo Matching: This feature attempts to detect the tempo and key of a prerecorded audio file, and change the tempo to match the project tempo.
- Audio Time Stretching & Pitch Shifting: Mixcraft claims to use an advanced algorithm to provide high quality time stretching and pitch shifting while minimizing CPU usage.
- Multiple Import/Export Formats: Supporting MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AIFF file formats.
- Video Sequencing: Editing, Adding Images, Adding Font, Automation, and Effects. (Supports MP4, AVI and WMV files.)