This article is incomplete.(October 2016)
|Operating system||Cross-platform (web-based application)|
|Type||Statistics, Analysis, Cohort Analysis|
Its tool-set contains in-app A/B tests and user survey forms. Data collected is used to build custom reports and measure user engagement and retention. Mixpanel works with web applications, in particular SaaS, but also supports mobile apps.
Mixpanel was founded by Suhail Doshi and Tim Trefren in 2009 and is based in San Francisco, California. It is backed by Y Combinator, and its list of investors includes Andreessen Horowitz, Max Levchin and Keith Rabois.
In 2015 Mixpanel announced Codeless Mobile Analytics with point-and-click interface to track user interactions in their Android or iOS app.
In April 2018, founder and CEO Suhail Doshi announced he would step down and become chairman of the board, selecting Amir Movafaghi as the new CEO.
- "Mixpanel Adds Mobile A/B Testing To Its Analytics Platform". TechCrunch. Aug 27, 2011.
- "Andreessen and Mixpanel Call for an End to "Bullshit Metrics"". AllThingsD. Dec 17, 2012.
- "Mixpanel now enables non-techies to set up and run push marketing campaigns inside apps". TheNextWeb. Jan 22, 2014.
- "Mixpanel Engage Turns Analytics Into Targeted Messages". Forbes. Oct 22, 2012.
- "Mixpanel profile on CrunchBase". CrunchBase.
- "Mixpanel Raises $65 Million to Build Predictive Data Tech". The Wall Street Journal. Dec 18, 2014.
- "Mixpanel Raises $10.25M Led By Andreessen Horowitz, Now Provides Analytics For Viddy And Path". TechCrunch. May 10, 2012.
- "Mixpanel Announces Codeless Mobile Analytics". TechCrunch. Jul 27, 2015.
- Levy, Ari (2018-04-24). "Twitter's former 'Mr. Fixit' takes over analytics start-up Mixpanel as 29-year-old CEO steps down". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- Gage, Deborah (September 10, 2014). "In 'Unicorn Hire,' Mixpanel Lures Top Sales Executive From New Relic". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Ha, Anthony (January 22, 2014). "Mixpanel Aims To Help Developers Deliver Targeted Messages Through New In-App Notifications". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Perez, Sarah (July 11, 2014). "Amplitude, The Analytics Startup Undercutting Mixpanel, Raises $2 Million Seed Round". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Lawler, Ryan (July 29, 2013). "Now Analyzing More Than 15 Billion Actions A Month, Mixpanel Launches A Big Marketing Campaign And A Conference About Analytics". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Birani, B.; Birani, M. (2016). iOS Forensics Cookbook. Packt Publishing. p. 53– . ISBN 978-1-78528-535-6. (subscription required)
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|