This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Revenue Mandal||Serilingampally (Mandal Code #6)|
|GHMC Circle Wise Delimitation Election Ward||West Zone, Serilingampally (North), Circle-XII, Chanda Nagar, Ward-114, Miyapur Area-7|
|Lok Sabha Constituency||Chevella (Constituency #10)|
|Vidhan Sabha (or Legislative Assembly) Constituency||Serilingampally (Constituency #52)|
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)|
|Elevation||536 m (1,759 ft)|
(23 June 2009)
|In election ward 114|
|Time zone||UTC+5.30 (IST)|
|Postal Index Number (PIN)|
500049 - Miyapur PO
|+Country Code-Area Code||+91-40|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-TG|
|Vehicle registration||TS 07|
Miyapur has many lakes, and upscale residential apartments. The Jawaharlal Nehru technological university is nearby.
Miyapur is one of Hyderabad's busiest places at the head of the Miyapur - L.B. Nagar metro rail corridor. Industrial facilities include IT, pharmaceutical, apparel and industrial development areas. It is strategically located on NH65, the Pune-Hyderabad-Machilipatnam highway. Contributing to the growth are connectivity via the Miyapur-Gachibowli and Miyapur-Kompally intermediate ring roads, and developments like the Hyderabad Metro and ICBT.
Miyapur, a small village, close to Hyderabad, owes much of its ancient history, to the history of Hyderabad. Chalukyas, Kakatiyas, Bahmanis, Qutb Shahis, Mughals and Asaf Jahis ruled this region. It was often referred to as an extension of the Bachupally village.
Miyapur is now a part of Ranga Reddy (RR) district, previously known as 'Hyderabad (Rural)' district, which was formed on 15 August 1978, by carving out and deleting the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, a few surrounding urban settlements that formed the urban core, of the erstwhile district of Hyderabad in the erstwhile Indian state of Hyderabad and renamed as Ranga Reddy district after the Late Sri K. V. Ranga Reddy, then deputy chief minister of erstwhile united Andhra Pradesh.
Miyapur falls under the "tropical rainy climatic" group, more specifically a tropical wet and dry or savanna climate.
- Miyapur is now part of GHMC, west zone.
Agriculture was the predominant occupation, before the urbanization of Miyapur. The main crops were cotton, maize, sugar cane, ground nut, red gram etc. In addition Flori-culture, dairy, vegetable cultivation were being practiced by the farmers. Sand quarrying is also an occupation.
For sometime now, Miyapur is turning around, to be a more urban economy with people working in large corporates and moving away from agriculture.
- Miyapur Cheruvu
- Miyapur Patel Cheruvu
- Gangaram Cheruvu
- Hafeezpet Cheruvu
- Madeenaguda Cheruvu
- Ameenpura Lake
- Kendriya Vihar
- JP Nagar
- Vikas, The Concept School
- Allwyn Colony Junctio
- Kalwary Temple
- ARK Towers
Hospitals (24/7 Emergency)
Medical Emergency and Ambulance
- Upcoming Projects
- On-Hold Projects
- Fire stations
- Air, water, noise and radiation pollution in Indian cities is a cause of great concern and Miyapur is no exception and the worst part is no one knows which are the culprit industries the polluting industries have been extremely clandestine in their polluting activities.
- Miyapur turns into a virtual gas chamber
- Trace Element Contamination in Ground Waters of Miyapur and Bollaram, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Groundwater Quality Assessment of Miyapur Area in Ranga Reddy District, Telangana, India
- Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB) report.
- Hyderabad on BARC’s radiation radar
- Trees are reducing in great numbers.
- Depleting ground water table
- Polluting industries
- Quality of Roads
- Lack of storm water drains
- Overflowing drains and water logging
- Open manholes : Death traps
- Sudden troughs, uneven and bumpy road surface : Damage vehicles and causes back pains
- Shoddy repairs
- Traffic congestion
- No signboards or even barricades to warn motorists
- Land Grabbing
Beware of 'Durga Engineering Works (Iron Grills)' he takes money and never delivers the goods.
- The government, corporates and social workers have been doing a great job by playing an active role in the development of surrounding communities and pollution control.
- Erstwhile united Andhra government order to shift polluting industries from Hyderabad
- Arun Krishnamurthy, The man who's cleaning up India's dirty lakes
- Enforcing Road Sense
- Inter City Bus Terminal (ICBT), Survey Number 20, Miyapur (upcoming)
- Indian National Highways (NH)
- Intermediate Ring Roads (IMRR)
- Radial Roads (RR)
- Other Major Roads
- Inner Ring Road
- Nearest point : East : Punjagutta
- PVNR Elevated Expressway
- Nearest point : Southeast : Mehdipatnam
- Nehru Outer Ring Road
- Regional Ring Road
- Telangana State Highways (TSSH)
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) (upcoming)
- Miyapur metro station
- Miyapur Depot-I
- Indian Railways
- City Rail - Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS)
- Hafeezpet (HFZ) station is 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) south of Miyapur.
- Long Distance Rail - South Central Railway zone
- City Rail - Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS)
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (IATA: HYD, ICAO: VOHS) is approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) south of Miyapur.
- Begumpet Airport (IATA: BPM, ICAO: VOHY) is a joint civil and military airport. The biennial Indian Civil Aviation Airshow is held here. It is approximately 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) southeast of Miyapur.
Miyapur is well connected by road, rail and air and is becoming a hub for travelers within Hyderabad city.
- External Links
|Kendriya Vidyalaya||Gachibowli||CBSE||Central Government|
|Government Primary School||Miyapur||TSBSE||State Government|
|Ameenpur Govt School||Aminpur, Miyapur||TSBSE||State Government|
|St. Ann's High School||Madeenaguda, Chanda Nagar, Miyapur||TSBSE||Private|
|St. Ann's High School||Ramachandrapuram (BHEL Township)||Private|
|St. Arnold's High School||Ramachandrapuram (BHEL Township)||Private|
|Voxpop International School||Madeenaguda, Miyapur||CBSE & TSBSE||Private|
|Genesis International School||Miyapur||CBSE||Private|
|D.A.V. Public School||Kukatpally||CBSE||Private|
|Kennedy High - The Global School||Bachupally||CBSE & IGCSE||Private|
|Sentia The Global School||Miyapur||Private|
|Vikas - The Concept School||Bachupally||CBSE & TSBSE||Private|
|Lotus National School||Miyapur||CBSE||Private|
|Silver Oaks - The School of Hyderabad||Bachupally||CBSE||Private|
|Zenas International School||Miyapur||CBSE & TSBSE||Private|
|Fountainhead Global School||Miyapur||CBSE||Private|
|ATRI Public School||Nizampet Road, Kukatpally||Private|
|Gowtham model school||Chanda Nagar, Miyapur||TSBSE||Private|
|Marie Stella High School||Miyapur||Private|
|Sarada Vidya Mandir Fusion School||Miyapur||Private|
|Sree Rajadhani Residential School||Nizampet||LKG - X||CBSE||Private|
|Surya Academy - The Global School||Miyapur - Bachupally Road||CBSE||Private|
|St.Martin's High School||Miyapur||Private|
|Castle Town Public School||Miyapur||Private|
|Vignan Vidyalayam High School||Madeenaguda, Chanda Nagar||Private|
|MNR School Of Excellence||Miyapur||Private|
|Gautami Vidya Kshetra||Miyapur||LKG - X||CBSE & ICSE||Private|
|Ganges Valley School||Nizampet||LKG - VIII||CBSE||Private|
|Ravindra Bharathi School||Nizampet||LKG - X||Private|
|Sarvoday Vidya Niketan||Gangaram, Chanda Nagar||Private|
|NSV Concept School||Chanda Nagar||Private|
|Santca Maria International School||Serilingampally||IGCSE||Private|
|Maharshi Vidya Mandir||Kondapur||Private|
|Meridian School||Madhapur||LKG - X - XII||CBSE||Private|
|Little Patriot International School||Madeenaguda||LKG - VII||TSBSE||Private|
- Colleges :
|Chaitanya Junior Girls Residential College||Miyapur||Private|
|Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering & Technology||Bachupally||Private|
|Dr BV Raju Institute of technology||Bachupally||Private|
|JNTU College of Engineering||Kukatpally||Private|
|M.N.R Jr. College||Kukatpally||Private|
|Holy Cross Degree College for Women||Ramachandrapuram (BHEL Township)||Private|
- Transport in Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Metro Rail
- Hyderabad Multi-Modal Transport System
- Education in Hyderabad
- C. Earl Stubbs
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Hyderabad.|
- Population of Election Wards
.transport .telangana .gov .in /html /registration-districtcodes .html
- "PM to lay foundation stone for Hyderabad metro rail on Feb 4". The Hindu Business Line, Hyderabad. 23 January 2012.
- "Chronicling Hyderabad's evolution". The Hindu, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 19 July 2015.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Lokayukta ultimatum on lakes' encroachments". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 19 November 2011.
- "GHMC to secure 4 lakes around Hyderabad; will deal with encroachments". postnoon.com. Hyderabad, India. 21 February 2013.
- "Patel Cheruvu in for more trouble". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 23 May 2011.
- Best Eye Hospital in Hyderabad - Sri Shankara Nethralaya
- Best Hospital in Hyderabad - Pranaam Hospitals
- "Properties near metro stations can be turned commercial soon". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 31 December 2013.
- "Master plan for Hyderabad Metro Rail expansion". The New Indian Express, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 3 July 2013.
- "More parks in the pipeline". IBNLive.Com. Hyderabad, India. 6 March 2012.
- "Special: Hyderabad third greenest city in India". Deccan Chronicle. Hyderabad, India. 12 June 2013.
- Development of Biodiversity park at Mayuri nagar colony, Circle No.XII, West Zone, GHMC
- "HMR agrees to allot land for dedicated fire stations at Uppal, Miyapur". The Hindu, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 25 January 2012.
- "Bid Summary – Development of Inter City BusTerminal at Miyapur, Hyderabad on PPP basis" (PDF). HMDA, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 16 May 2011.
- "Govt allots seven acres to health city". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 10 September 2008.
- "City's BRTS plan hits roadblock". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 2 February 2012.
- "Pollution Control Board notice to Dr Reddy's Laboratories for polluting Hussainsagar". The Times of India, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 16 November 2013.
- "Hyderabad lakes most polluted". The Times of India, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 20 January 2014.
- "Cyberabad fire station to be beefed up". The Times of India, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 15 April 2006.
- "Fire stations inadequate". IBNLive. Com. Hyderabad, India. 26 March 2012.
- "Miyapur turns into a virtual gas chamber". Hyderabad: The Hindu. 28 November 2012.
- "AP Pollution Control Board Report" (PDF). APPCB Report.
- "Consultants of storm water drains yet to submit final reports". The Hindu. Hyderabad, India. 9 November 2011.
- "De-silting of stormwater drains by month-end". The Hindu. Hyderabad, India. 3 May 2013.
- "Consultants of storm water drains yet to submit final reports". The New Indian Express. Hyderabad, India. 17 June 2013.
- "Bumpy rides ahead for techies". postnoon. Hyderabad, India. 19 June 2012.
- "GHMC cautions people against buying land in Hafeezpet". The Hindu, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 28 May 2013.
- "Govt to reclaim usurped land in city". The Times of India, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 23 June 2013.
- "Andhra govt to shift polluting industries from Hyderabad". Business Standard, Hyderabad. 4 March 2013.
- "The man who's cleaning up India's dirty lakes". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 24 May 2013.
- "Speed limit on Outer Ring Road from today". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 19 January 2014.
- "Inter-city bus terminal to be developed as 1 lakh sft facility". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 8 June 2011.
- "HMDA nod to inter-city bus terminus". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 17 January 2012.
- ICBT tender document.
- "Growth engines held up on the highway". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 17 March 2013.
- "At last, Miyapur bus terminal to take off". The Times Of India, Hyderabad. 29 March 2013.
- "Clarification by R&B official". The Times of India, Hyderabad. 11 July 2012.
- Chaos, negligence on Miyapur - Kukatpally road angers residents
- Office of the Chief Minister, Government of Andhra Pradesh, India
- CM to start road works on 1st
- Miyapur-Hafeezpet road (upcoming, see HMDA masterplan 2031)
- HMDA Master Plan 2031
- "Move over RRR on its way". The Hindu, Hyderabad. 2 January 2013.
- "Nagole depot renamed". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 28 November 2011.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail
- Indian Railways Archived 25 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Welcome to GMR Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport at Shamshabad - Ranked 2nd best airport in the world". hyderabad.aero. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Hyderabad airport set to become air passenger hub, pips Nagpur". indianexpress.com. 4 February 2012.
- "Unrecognised schools in Ranga Reddy district asked to shut down". The Hindu, Hyderabad. Hyderabad, India. 8 June 2013.
G.Vijay: "Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals in South India: Sun-Rise Industrialisation or Global Cost Shifting of Dirty Goods Manufacturing", in Hans Lofgren and Prakash Sarangi (eds) (2009) The Politics and Culture of Globalisation: India and Australia, Social Science Press, New Delhi.
G.Vijay: 'Other side of Industrialisation’, in D’Souza Rohan (ed.,) (2012): Environment, Technology and Development; Critical and Subversive Essays, Orient BlackSwan, Economic and Political Weekly and Tata Institute of Social Sciences; New Delhi.
G.Vijay: ‘Systemic Failure of Regulation: The Political Economy of Pharmaceutical and Bulk Drug Manufacturing’ in Hans Lofgren (ed) (2013)The politics of the pharmaceutical industry and access to medicines : world pharmacy and India, Social Science Press, New Delhi.