This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Miyashiro town office
Location of Miyashiro in Saitama Prefecture
|• Total||15.95 km2 (6.16 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,130/km2 (5,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (Japan Standard Time)|
|- Flower||Magnolia liliiflora|
|Address||1-4-1 Kasahara, Miyashiro-machi, Minamisaitama-gun, Saitama-ken 345-8504|
Miyashiro (宮代町 Miyashiro-machi) is a town located in Saitama Prefecture, Japan. As of 1 February 2016[update], the town had an estimated population of 33,927, and a population density of 2130 persons per km². Its total area is 15.95 square kilometres (6.16 sq mi).
Miyashiro is located in central-west Saitama Prefecture.
The villages of Monma and Suka were created within Minamisaitama District, Saitama with the establishment of the municipalities system on April 1, 1889. The two villages were merged on July 20, 1955 to form the town of Miyashiro. Ina was elevated to town status on November 1, 1970. The origin of the town's name comes from the shrines of the largest villages. "Miya" was taken from Himemiya shrine (姫宮神社) in Himemiya village and "shiro" from Konoshiro shrine (身代神社) in Suka village.
The economy of Miyashiro is primarily agricultural.
- Nippon Institute of Technology
- Miyashiro has four elementary schools, three middle schools, one high school and one special education school.
- Tobu Railway - Tobu Isesaki Line/Tobu Skytree Line
- Tobu Railway - Tobu Nikko Line
- Tobu Zoo (東武動物公園 Tōbu Dōbutsu Kōen), a zoological-amusement park complex which is owned by the Tōbu Group.
Noted people from Miyashiro
Media related to Miyashiro, Saitama at Wikimedia Commons
- Official Website (in Japanese)