Miyoshi Station (Hiroshima)
Miyoshi Station in March 2016
|Location||1-1-1 Tōkaichi Minami, Miyoshi-shi, Hiroshima-ken 728-0014
|Operated by||JR West|
|Opened||1 June 1933|
|Previous names||Bingo Tōkaichi (until 1954)|
|Passengers (FY2009)||664 daily|
Miyoshi Station (三次駅 Miyoshi-eki) is a railway station in Miyoshi, Hiroshima, Japan, operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West). Along with Niimi and Tsuyama Stations, Miyoshi is one of the major central region stations in the Chūgoku region of Japan.
Miyoshi Station is a reinforced concrete two-story building, operated by JR West. It features two platforms which handle four lines: one platform next to the station building and an island platform accessible via an enclosed footbridge above the tracks. The station building houses a small convenience store as well as automatic ticket vending machines and a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office. There is a large waiting area inside the station building, as well as enclosed and unenclosed waiting areas on the platforms.
- Platform 0: Sankō Line (for Gōtsu)
- Platform 1: Geibi Line (for Hiroshima and Niimi), Fukuen Line (for Fuchū)
- Platform 2: Geibi Line (for Hiroshima or Niimi), Fukuen Line (for Fuchū)
- Platform 3: Geibi Line (for Hiroshima or Niimi), Fukuen Line (for Fuchū)
|Terminus||Rapid "Miyoshi Liner"||Kōtachi|
The station opened on 1 June 1933, initially named Bingo Tōkaichi Station (備後十日市駅). On 10 December 1954, the station was renamed Miyoshi. With the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR West.
The turntable located next to the station was scheduled to be sold to the private railway operator Tobu Railway in 2016 and installed next to Kinugawa-Onsen Station in Tochigi Prefecture for use by steam-hauled tourist trains.
- Miyoshi Post Office
- Miyoshi CC Plaza (shopping center)
- Sungreen (shopping center)
- Miyoshi Municipal Tōkaichi Junior High School
- Miyoshi Municipal Tōkaichi Elementary School
- Basen River
- Gōno River
- Chūgoku Expressway Miyoshi Interchange
- National Route 183
- National Route 375
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 266. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 蒸気機関車（ＳＬ）復活運転の車両・施設計画概要について [Details of rolling stock and facilities planned for steam locomotive operation] (pdf). News release (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miyoshi Station (Hiroshima).|
- JR West station information (in Japanese)