Takeuchi passed AKB48 auditions in 2009. She was promoted to full member status in 2010, and was announced as a member of AKB48's newly formed Team 4 in 2011.
She signed to OH Enterprise in 2012. Later that year, Team 4 was disbanded, and Takeuchi was moved to AKB48's Team B. She was accepted to Keio University in 2013, attending classes at Keio University's Shonan Fujisawa campus while continuing to perform at the AKB48 theater in Akihabara. During this time, Takeuchi uploaded home recordings of song covers on social media. In 2014, she began to post song covers on her YouTube channel.
On November 29, 2017, South Korean subscription TV channel Mnet announced the third season of the Produce 101 reality competition television series, Produce 48, billed as a collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto, the creator and producer of the AKB48 franchise. Produce 48 aired from June 15 to August 31, 2018. Contestants included thirty-nine girls from AKB48 Group and fifty-seven girls from South Korean entertainment companies. The show's premise was to form a twelve-person group chosen by viewers' votes that would promote for two and a half years. Takeuchi participated as one of the Japanese contestants from AKB48 and its sister groups, finishing in 17th place.
Four days after the Produce 48 finale, on September 4, 2018, Takeuchi announced her departure from AKB48. Her last performance with AKB48 took place on December 25, 2018, and her contract with OH Enterprise ended on December 31, 2018.
As featured artist
|"Oyoge! Taiyaki-kun" (Masato Shimon cover)
(with Junichi Inagaki)
|2015||A Man and A Woman 5|
|"Kimi ni Todoke" (flumpool cover)
|"Sangatsu Kokonoka" (Remioromen cover)|
|"Baby I Love U" (TEE cover)
|2012||Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou||Nozomi Yuusa|||
|2014||Nemurihime: Dream On Dreamer||Hiiragi|||
|2012||Majisuka Gakuen 3||TV Tokyo||Miyu|||
|2010-2018||AKBingo!||Cast member||Nippon TV|
|2011-2017||AKB48 Nemousu TV||Guest||Family Gekijo|
|2013-2015||AKB48 Konya wa Kaeranai ("AKB48 Not Going Home Tonight")||Host (with Karen Iwata, Tomu Muto)||Chubu-Nippon Broadcasting|
- K-Pop stardom lures Japanese youth to Korea despite diplomatic chill. Reuters. 2019-04-30. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- フルーツ Official Web Site (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- チーム4発足 (in Japanese). CyberAgent. 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- AKB横山&SKE松井玲奈ら15人が所属事務所移籍へ (in Japanese). Oricon. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- 東京ドーム公演初日サプライズ!AKB、新チーム体制発表 (in Japanese). Sports Nippon. 2012-08-24. Retrieved 2019-03-31.
- 輝き人！NO.41 竹内美宥/Miyu Takeuchi (in Japanese). Keio Journal. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- Miyu Takeuchi Youtube Channel. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "[공식입장] "'프듀'·'AKB48' 컬래버"...'프로듀스48' 내년 방송 확정". X Sports News (in Korean). 2017-11-29. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "'프로듀스48' PD "투표는 한국에서만…최종 12인 국적 구분 NO"". Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). 2018-06-11. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- AKB48竹内美宥、卒業を発表 「PRODUCE48」終え世界中からエール (in Japanese). modelpress. 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2019-03-31.
- 竹内美宥の卒業公演と千秋楽のお知らせ (in Japanese). CyberAgent. 2018-12-13. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- Twitter/take_miyu112 (in Japanese). Twitter. 2019-01-31. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- "'프로듀스48' 타케우치 미유, 미스틱엔터와 계약 체결(공식입장)". Naver (in Korean). 2019-03-08. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- Japanese Cinema Database (in Japanese). Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- Nemurihime: Dream On Dreamer (2014) - IMDb. IMDb. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- Majisuka Gakuen 3 Official Website (in Japanese). TV Tokyo.