Mnet Asian Music Award for Artist of the Year
|Mnet Asian Music Award for Artist of the Year|
|Awarded for||best individual/group of the year|
|Presented by||CJ E&M Pictures (Mnet)|
|Currently held by||BTS (2018)|
|Website||Mnet Asian Music Awards|
The Mnet Asian Music Award for Artist of the Year (올해의 가수상) is a daesang (or grand prize) award presented annually by CJ E&M Pictures (Mnet). It was first awarded at the 8th Mnet Asian Music Awards ceremony held in 2006; the five-member boyband group TVXQ won the award, and it is given in honor for artists with artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the music industry.
Winners and nominees
^[I] Each year is linked to the article about the Mnet Asian Music Awards held that year.
Multiple awards for Artist of the Year
Throughout the history of Mnet Asian Music Awards only 2 recipients received the award more than once.
|Artist(s)||Record Set||First year awarded||Recent year awarded|
- "2006 M.net Korean Music Festival Winners list". MAMA. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- But In 2016 Its Change Into HotelsCombined UnionPay in the spotlight of 2014 Mnet Asia Music Awards
- "M.net Asian Music Awards Winners list by year". mwave. MAMA.
- "M.net Asian Music Awards Broadcasts by year". mwave. MAMA.
- "M.net Asian Music Awards Photos by year". mwave. MAMA.
- Mnet Asian Music Awards official website