|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Alec Ounsworth|
|Released||October 20, 2009|
|Recorded||2009, Piety St. Studios, New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Genre||Folk, indie rock|
|The A.V. Club||(B) link|
|Pitchfork Media||(7.7/10) link|
|Stereo Subversion||(6/10) link|
|Under the Radar||(6/10) link|
Mo Beauty is the debut album by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah frontman Alec Ounsworth. It was released October 20, 2009, on Anti- Records. In August 2009, Ounsworth released Skin and Bones as Flashy Python.
The title is the name of shop in the Tremé section of New Orleans, a photograph of which is on the album cover.
- "Modern Girl (...With Scissors)"
- "Bones in the Grave"
- "Holy, Holy, Holy Moses (Song for New Orleans)"
- "That Is Not My Home (After Bruegel)"
- "Idiots in the Rain"
- "South Philadelphia (Drug Days)"
- "What Fun."
- "Me and You, Watson"
- "Obscene Queen Bee #2"
- "When You've No Eyes"
- "Dr. So and So" (iTunes only Bonus Track)
- "Big Microscope" (iTunes only Bonus Track)
- "Dim Wit Road" (iTunes only Bonus Track)
- Alec Ounsworth - Vocals, Guitar
- George Porter, Jr. - Bass guitar
- Stanton Moore – Drums
- Robert Walter – Keyboard
- Matt Sutton – Baritone and Pedal Steel Guitars
- Steve Berlin - Producer
- Mark Mullins, Craig Klein, Greg Hicks, Washboard Chaz, Shannon Powell, John Boute, Al "Carnival Time" Johnson, and Meschiya Lake. - Various Instrumentation