Moht Moht Myint Aung
|Moht Moht Myint Aung
Moht Moht Myint Aung in 2010
|Born||Moht Moht Myint Aung
May 25, 1960
|Years active||1979 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Hlwan Moe (1980-1983)(divorced)
Maung Maung Kyaw (1987–present)
|Parent(s)||Myint Aung and Than Yin|
|Awards||Myanmar Academy Award (1984, 1989, 1991, 1994, 2008)|
Moht Moht Myint Aung (Burmese: မို့မို့မြင့်အောင် [mo̰ mo̰ mjɪ̰ɴ àʊɴ], also Moh Moh Myint Aung) is a five-time Myanmar Academy Award winning Burmese actress, best known for her leading lady roles in several Burmese films from the 1980s to the 2000s.
Moht Moht Myint Aung was born in Yangon, the fifth child and youngest daughter of Myint Aung, a successful Burmese actor and director. She grew up in the Kyaukmyaung section of Tamwe Township. She wanted to be an actress like the leading ladies of the day like Wah Wah Win Shwe and Khin Than Nu. She attended high school at BEHS 1 Tamwe but failed the university matriculation exam several times. With most of her friends attending college, she gave up attending college and decided to focus on a film career.
Moht Moht Myint Aung was virtually unknown until Kyaw Hein, one of the top leading men of his era, chose her to star in one of his films, Mun-Tet-Chein-Mha Nay-Win-Thi (The Sun Sets at Noon), in 1979. She was still in 8th Standard at the time. After winning her first Academy Award for 1984, Mo Mo Myint Aung established herself as one of the leading actresses of Burmese cinema.
She is one of very few actresses in the Burmese film history able to lead a successful multi-decade career in a leading lady role. Mo Mo Myint Aung is still popular, seen by many as having aged gracefully, and continues to appear in several films in age appropriate roles. In a testament to her enduring popularity, she won her latest Academy Award for Best Actress for 2008.
Moht Moht Myint Aung has made several movies over her over-three-decade-long career. She has won five Myanmar Academy Awards for both Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress categories.
- 1984: Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, Hnalontha Myodaw (City of Heart)
- 1989: Academy Award for Best Actress, Khat-Sein-Sein Ne-Ba-Mè (Behave like Strangers)
- 1991: Academy Award for Best Actress, Thami Nè A-May Mya (A Daughter and Her Mothers)
- 1994: Academy Award for Best Actress, Ma Thudamasari (Sister Thudamasari)
- 2008: Academy Award for Best Actress, Myintmo Htet Ka Tharaphu (Crown atop Mount Myintmo)
- Thida Win (2009-12-04). "Early Years of Artists". Bi-Weekly Eleven (in Burmese). Yangon: Weekly Eleven: 34.
- Khin Lay Myint (May 2009). "Interview: Mo Mo Myint Aung" (in Burmese). Teens Magazine.
- "The complete 2008 winners list". The Myanmar Times. 26 (509). February 2010.
- "Myanmar's Got Talent will be on air on September 28th, 2014". Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- Nge Nge Htaik (April 2006). "Myanmar Academy Award Winners" (in Burmese). Myanmar People Magazine.