|Public Limited company|
|India, Middle East, Africa|
|Sanjay Vijayakumar - CEO
Sony Joy - Co-founder & Director
Vivek Steve Francis - COO
Vishnu Gopal - CTO
Number of employees
|122 (as of November 2013[update])|
History and Initiatives
MobME had humble beginnings when the initial capital for starting the business came from selling mobile SIM Cards and recharge coupons to college students. In 2005, the company was registered under the name Torque. It was the first student initiative to be incubated in Technopark, Trivandrum. Later, the company was renamed to MobME.
In Jan 2012, MobME tied up with The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), The Department of Science and Technology and Technopark, Trivandrum to set up India's first Public–private partnership telecom Business incubator named 'Startup Village' at Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation Park in Kalamassery. This 'Startup Village' is modelled on Technology Incubators in Silicon Valley, United States and will focus mainly on student startups from college campuses.
Products and Services
MobMe operates under three product and service lines namely Network Solutions, Value Added Services and Enterprise Solutions. MobME serves an array of telecom operators by powering and managing SMSC, USSD, IVR and Outbound Dialler (OBD) services. MobME serves Brands, Businesses, Banks, Government Institutions and individuals for their communication needs over SMS, Voice, Data and other Mobile Technologies. MobME also undertakes various Mobile Governance initiatives in India for empowering the citizens of the country. MobMe has tied up with KERALA STATE IT MISSION (KSITM) to develop a platform which can be used for various citizen centered m-governance initiatives. In 2014 MobME incorporated a wholly own subsidiary called Backwater Technologies, which then launched its IMPS based money transfer product called Chillr. Chillr closed 6M $ round of investment in September 2015 becoming the company' biggest venture so far.
- Nasscom Emerge 50 Innovation Companies 2011
- NASSCOM Innovation Award 2011 - India’s first M Governance project
- NASSCOM Emerge 50 Companies 2009
- NASSCOM Innovation Award 2009 - The best Start-up Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Company
- NASSCOM Innovation Award 2008 - The most Innovative Start-up
- NASSCOM 100 IT Innovators 2007 
- Express, Indian (18 Apr 2011). "From coupon sellers to innovators". Indian Express Buzz. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "India's First Startup Village at Kochi". NDTV. 18 Jan 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- "MobMe Products and Services". MobMe Website. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "m-governance project to be expanded". The Hindu. 20 Jun 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- NASSCOM. "NASSCOM EMERGE 50 Awards for 2011". NASSCOM EMERGE 50 Awards. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- Special Correspondent (2011-02-23). "NATIONAL / KERALA : Technopark firm wins NASSCOM award". The Hindu. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- [dead link]
- "Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : Technopark firms bag innovation awards". The Hindu. 2009-02-08. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- [dead link]