This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Limited Liability (TNHH)|
|Founded||16 April 1993|
|Cao Duy Hải (CEO)|
|Products||Mobile networks, Telecom services|
|Revenue||40.8 trillion VND (around $4bn)|
|6.6 trillion VND (around $330m)|
Number of employees
Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services One Member Limited Liability Company (with the brand MobiFone Vietnamese: Tổng công ty Viễn Thông MobiFone) is a major Vietnamese mobile network operator headquartered in Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh, Hanoi. Founded on 16 April 1993, as a GSM launcher, MobiFone is the first and currently third largest telecommunications provider in Vietnam.
MobiFone had a market share (estimated based on revenues) of 17.9% in 2012. Its main competitors are Viettel with 40.67% market share and Vinaphone with 30%, which is also owned by VNPT. Together, the big three control almost 90% of the market, with the rest controlled by Vietnamobile with 8%, Gmobile (formerly Beeline) with 3.2% and S-Fone with 0.1%.
- Become the Corporation under the Ministry of Information and Communication called MobiFone Telecommunications Corporation.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre VI.0AA
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre V.
- The Value Added Services Centre was founded.
- MobiFone ranked as the first position in the Vietnam’s mobile telephony subscription market share.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre IV.
- VMS liquidated the BCC with Kinnevik/Comvik (Sweden).
- The State of Vietnam and Ministry of Posts and Telematics (now is Ministry of Information and Communications) officially decided to equitise VMS.
- Mr. Le Ngoc Minh has become Director of VMS since retirement of Mr. Dinh Van Phuoc.
- Committed a Business Cooperation Contract (BCC) with Kinnevik/Comvik (Sweden).
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre III.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre I & II.
- Foundation of Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services Company (VMS).
- Director is Mr Dinh Van Phuoc.