||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
MobiTV, Inc. (formerly named Idetic, Inc.) is a provider of end-to-end mobile media solutions. Founded in 1999, by Paul Scanlan, Phillip Alvelda, and Jeff Annison, MobiTV is a privately held, venture-backed company headquartered in Emeryville, CA.
- Sprint TV - Live and on-demand TV for Sprint customers; generally pre-loaded with every Sprint device
- AT&T U-verse Live TV - Live & full-episode TV on iPhone, iPod Touch, Android and BlackBerry smartphones
- T-Mobile TV - Live and full-episode TV on T-Mobile smartphones
- US Cellular Mobile TV - Live and full-episode TV on US Cellular smartphones
- Telus Mobile TV - Live and full-episode TV on Telus devices (Canada)
- NFL Mobile on Verizon Wireless
- TV Everywhere on Deutsche Telekom IPTV service – Live and on-demand TV on any authorized device from any manufacturer on any platform.
||This section appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (July 2014)|
||This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
MobiTV has partnerships with several technology companies:
Texas Instruments: MobiTV partnered with Texas Instruments for delivery of secure high-definition content on multi-screen devices. The integration of MobiTV’s DRM solution and Media Playback technology with Texas Instruments’ M-ShieldTM security solution enables secure simultaneous playback of up to six live feeds.
Dolby: MobiTV, Inc. is collaborating with Dolby Laboratories to deliver a seamless high-quality surround- sound experience across multiple platforms, including mobile phones, tablets, PCs, Internet TVs and set-top boxes. MobiTV will integrate Dolby Digital Plus into its established DRM-protected content delivery platform to provide immersing surround sound to users across multiple screens.
Amino: MobiTV teamed with Amino to develop a new set-top box experience that will integrate MobiTV’s platform technology with Amino’s set-top boxes to create a high-quality adaptive streaming experience while eliminating the need for managed networks.
In May 2008, the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, or ASCAP, filed an Application for Determination of Reasonable License Fees against MobiTV in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (Case No. 1:09-cv-07071-DLC). A bench trial was held in April 2010 and the District Court issued an Opinion and Order essentially adopting MobiTV’s proposed fee structure. ASCAP filed an appeal from such holding to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (Case No. 10-3161-cv(L), 10-3310-cv(CON). In May 2012, the Second Circuit issued an opinion affirming the District Court holding.
- Tarang Shah and Sheetal Shah (2011). Venture Capitalists at Work: How VCs Identify and Build Billion-Dollar Successes. Apress. p. 219. Retrieved September 26, 2014.