Mobicip is a cloud-based Internet filter and parental control service that works on all major platforms of mobile Internet devices. Mobicip is supported on various types of devices used by families such as the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, Windows, macOS and Chromebook. Mobicip was launched in 2008. Mobicip used to be a safe browser app but is now a VPN on iOS & Android that filters any browser. Mobicip is a parental control application that protects internet, regulates screentime, allows/blocks apps and tracks location as well, while allowing parents to customize the configuration and view activity reports. Using the web-based or mobile applications, parents can customize the filter to set up whitelists and blacklists, block categories of websites, and manage users and devices. In addition, the application lets parents monitor the Internet activity on the device, group the activity by user, by allowed or blocked websites, sort by time etc.
Mobicip (pronounced mo-be-sip) is named after mobile CIPA. CIPA stands for Children’s Internet Protection Act, a regulation by the US government that mandates secure internet access when provided by public schools or libraries. In the dark days before smartphones and tablets, the founders had a vision that education is going to be transformed by ubiquitous always-on mobile technology in the hands of K-12 students. And so Mobicip was born, with a mission to create and foster the safe use of technology for learning.
- Eyewitness News
- 12 News
- New York Times
- Unwired View
- Ventura County Star
- AV Test
- Night Helper Blog
- Family Focus Blog
- A Secure Life
- Top Ten Reviews
- EdTech Review
- Security Gladiators
- "Mobicip | Screen Time & Parental Controls for iPhone, iPad, & Android devices". Mobicip. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Best iPhone Parental Control Apps 2019". Protect Young Eyes. 2018-12-20. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Mobicip | Features | The Most Holistic Parental Control Tools". Mobicip. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Parental Control & App Blocker". App Store. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Mobicip Parental Control - Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Mobicip | How Do I Setup Parental Controls on Windows PCs and Laptops Using Mobicip?". Mobicip. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Mobicip | How Do I Setup Parental Controls on My Family's iMac or MacBook Using Mobicip?". Mobicip. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Mobicip Parental Control with Screen Time". chrome.google.com. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "About Mobicip". Mobicip. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|