|Public IDX: FREN|
Bakrie Group (2003-2016)
Sinar Mas Group (2006-present)
Rajawali Corpora (2007-2016)
Iliad SA (2018-present)
PT Smartfren Telecom Tbk (IDX: FREN), commonly known as Smartfren (styled smartfren), is an Indonesia-based wireless network operator headquartered in Central Jakarta. It is owned by Indonesian conglomerate Sinar Mas under the company PT Sinar Mas Komunikasi Teknologi. Smartfren operates exclusively using a 4G LTE network after shifting away from CDMA technologies in 2014. As of 2018, smarften has 10.1 million active subscribers, making them the fifth-largest wireless carrier in the country.
Smartfren provides wireless voice (via VoLTE) and data services in Indonesia, which it claims is available in over 200 cities. In 2015, the company launched their LTE-Advanced network, becoming the first in the country to do so.
Smartfren has partnered with some China-based smartphone manufacturers such as Hisense, Haier, ZTE to produce smart devices under the Smartfren Andromax brand. These phones operate on either CDMA 2000 1x or LTE on the newer models. They use the following naming scheme:
- C and G models denote lower-end smartphone models
- I and T models denote lower to midrange models
- U, V, and Z models denote mid to high-end end smartphones.
More recently they have also launched the E, Q, and R models which has LTE capability; and the E2 and R2 models which supports VoLTE.
As Smart Telecom
- Smart, Hebat, Hemat (2006-2011)
As Fren Mobile-8
- Fren, Kartu Selularku (2003-2006)
- Fren, Seluler Pilihan Cerdas (2006-2008)
- Fren, Murah, Tidak Repot. (2008-2009)
- Fren, hemat, Tidak Repot. (2009-2011)
- Live Smart (2011-2018)
- 4G Go For It (2015-2018, After Smartfren Launch Andromax 4G LTE)
- Hebat, Hemat, Cepat (2018-present)
- Juaranya Internet Unlimited (2018-present)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-25. Retrieved 2008-11-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Puspitasari, Ika (2018-07-03). "Jumlah pelanggan 4G Smartfren meningkat". kontan.co.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Febrian, Ahmad (2018-04-24). "Jumlah pelanggan seluler menyusut". kontan.co.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- "Smartfren Luncurkan 4G LTE Advanced Pertama di Indonesia". CNN Indonesia (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2018-07-25.
|This Indonesia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|