Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang|
|Genre(s)||Multiplayer online battle arena, battle royale|
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) mobile game developed and published by Shanghai Moonton Technology. The game has become popular in Southeast Asia and will be a medal event at the 2019 Southeast Asian Games.
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is a multiplayer (5 vs 5) online battle arena (MOBA) game designed for mobile phones. The two opposing teams fight to reach and destroy the enemy's base while defending their own base for control of a path, the three "lanes" known as "top", "middle" and "bottom", which connects the bases. Weaker computer-controlled characters, called "minions", spawn at team bases and follow the three lanes to the opposite team's base, fighting enemies and turrets.
In each team, there are five players who each control an avatar, known as a "hero", from their own device. Heroes can be grouped into 6 different roles, Marksman, Assassin, Mage, Support, Fighter and Tank.
Marksman: are the heroes who have long range and high physical damage. However, they also have the least health among the heroes.
Assassin: are heroes that deal heavy physical damage and then escape. They have high damage capacity although damage taking capacity is less. They usually target enemies with the lowest HP and Def (mages, marksmen) and their role usually involves cleaning up the survivors from the enemy team.
Mage: are heroes that can deal heavy magic damage or disable a single enemy or multiple enemies at once. They have excellent burst damage and crowd control skills but can die easily due to their low health and defense.
Support: are heroes that can heal or boost their allies' power with their buffing skills. Like Mages they have a skill or two to disable or hamper their enemies and also have low HP and Def.
Fighter: are balanced heroes that can charge into a fight. They can take the brunt of the enemies' attack and deal a decent amount of damage at the same time.
Tank: are heroes that can take heavy amounts of damage for the team. With their high HP and Def, they also have skills to help survive further however, their damage output is the lowest compared to the other heroes.
The game has become popular in Southeast Asia (SEA), where it was the most-downloaded free mobile game app among iPhone users in 2017. Mobile Legends tournaments have been held in the region, including the annual Southeast Asia Cup.
Riot Games has filed lawsuit against Moonton because of copyright infringement, citing similarities between Mobile Legends and Riot's League of Legends. In July 2018, a Chinese court awarded Tencent, Riot's parent company, US$2.90 million (RMB19.4 million) as a result after won the lawsuit against Moonton.
- Fauzi, Moch Prima. "Tips dan Trik Bermain 'Mobile Legends: Bang Bang'". Okezone.com.
- Khalid, Umair. "Mobile Legends Jungle Guide – Jungling Tips, Best Junglers, Monster Respawns, Buffs, How to Farm Jungle". SegmentNext.
- Ismail, Izwan (7 December 2017). "Here is Apple's list of top apps in Southeast Asia for 2017". New Straits Times. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- "Drama breaks out at Mobile Legends Southeast Asia Cup 2018". IGN (SEA). 28 July 2018. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- "Mobile Legends is the first confirmed esports title for the 2019 SEA Games". FOX Sports Asia. 28 November 2018.
- "Riot Games parent Tencent wins $2.9 million in lawsuit against Mobile Legends developer". Dot Esports. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- Lainer, Liz (19 July 2018). "Tencent Wins Lawsuit Over 'League of Legends' Copycat". Variety. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
|This article about a video game released for mobile devices is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|