Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit
|Developer(s)||The MAPIR group, José Luis Blanco|
MRPT 1.3.2 / Nov 3, 2015
|Written in||C++ (wxWidgets)|
|Operating system||Linux, Windows|
|License||New BSD License|
The Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit (MRPT) is a cross-platform and open source C++ library aimed to help robotics researchers to design and implement algorithms related to Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), computer vision and motion planning (obstacle avoidance). Different research groups have employed MRPT to implement projects reported in some of the major robotics journals and conferences.
Some features included in the project as user-applications:
- Visualization and manipulation of large datasets.
- SLAM algorithms: incremental mapping with ICP, Extended Kalman filtering, Rao-Blackwellized particle filters and GraphSLAM.
- Grabbing datasets from robotic sensors.
Upon a selection of the individual libraries provided by MRPT, users can develop new applications.
Representation of metric maps
The following representations of metric maps are implemented:
- Occupancy grid maps.
- Point maps.
- Landmark maps: discrete elements are 3D points sensed through range and bearing. For example, visual landmarks.
- Beacon maps: elements are also 3D points, but sensed by means of range-only devices.
- Coloured point maps.
- Gas concentration maps.
- A "multi map", collections of any of the other maps, behaving as a single map.
- Webots - A Professional Mobile Robot Simulator (Commercial)
- Microsoft Robotics Studio
- Player Project
- Robot software
- openslam.org – A good collection of open source code and explanations of SLAM.
- "Debian -- Details of package mrpt-apps in jessie". Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- J.L. Blanco; J. Gonzalez; J. and J.A. Fernández-Madrigal (2006). "Consistent observation grouping for generating metric-topological maps that improves robot localization". IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). pp. 818–823. CiteSeerX . doi:10.1109/ROBOT.2006.1641810.
- A. Harris; J.M. Conrad (March 2011). "Survey of popular robotics simulators, frameworks, and toolkits". Proceedings of IEEE Southeastcon. pp. 243–249. doi:10.1109/SECON.2011.5752942.
- Ryde, J.; Hu, H. (2010). "3D mapping with multi-resolution occupied voxel lists". Autonomous Robots. Springer. 28 (2): 169–185. CiteSeerX . doi:10.1007/s10514-009-9158-3.
- Tuza, Z. and Rudan, J. and Szederkényi, G (Oct 2010). "Developing an integrated software environment for mobile robot navigation and control". International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation. pp. 1–6. doi:10.1109/IPIN.2010.5647506.
- A list of scientific papers in which MRPT has been used for producing the results.
- MRPT.ORG (2013-10-08). "List of MRPT libraries". Retrieved 2014-04-19.
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This robotics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|