Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
|Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire|
|Developer(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Distributor(s)||Bandai Namco Games, Atari (Europe)|
|Genre(s)||Action, Mecha simulation|
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire, known in Japan and Europe as Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (機動戦士ガンダム Target in Sight Kidō Senshi Gandamu Target in Sight?), is a PlayStation 3 launch title, published and developed by Namco Bandai, based on Sunrise's Mobile Suit Gundam franchise. It was released in Japan on November 11, 2006, and in North America on November 17, 2006.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire Takes place during the One Year War, UC 0079, with all missions being based in the eastern half of the world from Africa to Australia after the Federations GM production increase in October.
The game has received generally poor critical reception.
On the day of the PlayStation 3 launch in Japan, Crossfire sold 33,000 units. The American release was not nearly as well received as the Japanese release. IGN gave the game a 3.2 out of 10, GameSpot rated it 3.9 out of 10, 1UP gave it a score of 2 out of 10, and Game Informer gave the game a 3.75 out of 10. OPM gave Crossfire a 3 out of 10. MAHQ, a dedicated mecha anime website, gave it 1.5 out of 5. PSM gave the game a 5 out of 10. Gamepro gave it a 1.0 out of 5.0. X-Play gave it a 1 out of 5 for "being shovelware of the highest order". Problems cited by reviewers included bland, outdated graphics, an underdeveloped story, bad voice acting, clumsy gameplay, and a slew of technical issues including (but not limited to) constant framerate issues, collision bugs, and frequent malfunctions of allied and even enemy AI.
- Jeremy Dunham. "Interview 0079: Mobile Suit Gundam, page 2". IGN. Retrieved 2006-12-20.
- "Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire". GameSpot. CNET. Retrieved 2006-12-20.
- Jeremy Dunham. "Interview 0079: Mobile Suit Gundam, page 1". IGN. Retrieved 2006-12-20.
- "Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire". Metacritic. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- "Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire". GameRankings. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- "Famitsu Scores for the Week of 11/02/2006 - First Playstation 3 Reviews". GameBrink. Archived from the original on March 11, 2007. Retrieved 2006-12-19.
- "Mobile Suit Gundam:Crossfire Reviews". Retrieved 2006-12-19.
- "Mobile Suit Gundam:Crossfire (PS3)". MAHQ. Retrieved 2006-12-19.