Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative|
|Hepburn||Kidō Senshi Gandamu NT (Naratibu)|
|Directed by||Toshikazu Yoshizawa|
|Screenplay by||Harutoshi Fukui|
|Story by||Harutoshi Fukui|
|Based on||Phoenix Hunting|
by Harutoshi Fukui
|Music by||Hiroyuki Sawano|
|Edited by||Daisuke Imai|
Sunrise (Studio 1)
|November 30, 2018|
Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative (機動戦士ガンダムNT (ナラティブ) Kidō Senshi Gandamu NT (Naratibu)) is a Japanese animated Mecha science fiction film produced by Sunrise and distributed by Shochiku, part of the Gundam metaseries and based on the 11th Gundam Unicorn Novel, Phoenix Hunting. It is directed by Toshikazu Yoshizawa (Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt) and written by Harutoshi Fukui, with character designs by Kumiko Takahashi, Sejoon Kim, Hajime Katoki, and Eiji Komatsu. The film is released in Japanese theaters in November 30, 2018.
U.C.0096, the conflict dubbed the "Laplace Incident" ended with the dissolution of the Neo Zeon remnant group "The Sleeves". Both the Unicorn Gundam and the Banshee were sealed away, never to be seen again. With the original draft of the Universal Century Charter revealed, the existence of Newtypes and their promised rights have become known to the public. One year later, in U.C.0097, the world is still largely unchanged. Having thought to be lost two years ago, the Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex suddenly reappears. In an effort to capture the rogue Mobile Suit, the Federation and Neo-Zeon decided to collaborate in a capture operation, known as "Phoenix Hunt".
- Jona Basta (ヨナ・バシュタ Yona Bashuta)
- Voiced by: Junya Enoki
- Michele Luio (ミシェル・ルオ Misheru Ruo)
- Voiced by: Tomo Muranaka
- Rita Bernal (リタ・ベルナル Rita Berunaru)
- Voiced by: Ayu Matsuura
- Mauri (マウリ Mauri)
- Voiced by: Naoki Tamanoi
- Escola Goeda (エスコラ・ゲッダ Esukora Gedda)
- Iago Haakana (イアゴ・ハーカナ Iago Hākana)
- Voiced by: Kazuya Nakai
- Franson (フランソン Furanson)
- Voiced by: Takanori Hoshino
- Amaya (アマージャ Amaja)
- Voiced by: Setsuji Satō
- Delao (デラオ Derao)
- Voiced by: Yūki Arai
- Pavel (パベル Paberu)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Shimada
- Taman (タマン Taman)
- Voiced by: Wataru Komada
- Abayev (アバーエフ Abāefu)
- Voiced by: Kazuhiro Yamaji
Luio & Co.
- Woomin Luio (ルオ・ウーミン Ruo Ūmin)
- Stephanie Luio (ステファニー・ルオ Sutefanī Ruo)
- Brick Teclato (ブリック・テクラート Burikku Tekurāto)
- Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa
Republic of Zeon
- Zoltan Akkanen (ゾルタン・アッカネン Zorutan Akkanen)
- Voiced by: Yūichirō Umehara
- Erica Hugo (エリク・ユーゴ Eriku Yūgo)
- Voiced by: Aya Endō
- Monaghan Bakharov (モナハン・バハロ Monahan Baharo)
- Voiced by: Masaki Terasoma
- Mineva Lao Zabi (ミネバ・ラオ・ザビ Mineba Rao Zabi)
- Voiced by: Ayumi Fujimura
- Suberoa Zinnerman (スベロア・ジンネマン Suberoa Jinneman)
- Voiced by: Hideaki Tezuka
- Banagher Links (バナージ・リンクス Banāji Rinkusu)
- Voiced by: Kōki Uchiyama
- Martha Vist Carbine (マーサ・ビスト・カーバイン Māsa Bisuto Kābain)
- Voiced by: Tomoko Shiota
- Marga (マルガ Maruga)
- Flaste Schole (フラスト・スコール Furasuto Sukōru)
- Voiced by: Rikiya Koyama
- Takuya Irei (タクヤ・イレイ Takuya Irei)
- Voiced by: Hiro Shimono
- Quattro Bajeena (クワトロ・バジーナ Kuwatoro Bajīna)
- Voiced by: Shūichi Ikeda
The film project was first teased by Sunrise after they registered the domain name "gundam-nt.net" on April 5, 2018. It was formally announced at an official live stream at the Gundam Base Tokyo on April 20, 2018, revealing the teaser trailer for the film as well as the characters. Included in the announcement were the titular mobile suit, the Narrative Gundam, alongside redesigned versions of the Sinanju Stein and the Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex. The film will be the first in Sunrise's "UC NexT 0100" project, which will cover the events of the next 100 years in the Universal Century timeline. Aside from the movie, two additional Gundam projects were also revealed by Sunrise, one being a movie trilogy adaptation of Yoshiyuki Tomino's Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash novels and an overseas live-action sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. Fukui jokingly told the audience to "pretend you didn't see that".
On August 15, the film's theatrical poster was revealed alongside the new cast and voice actors for the upcoming movie. The initial date of release in theaters is also revealed. Upon the release of the theatrical poster, netizens in Twitter created parody pictures due to the bizarre poses of the main characters in the poster. The character's poses is initially based on the statue The Rape of the Sabine Women. In a cross-promotion with Gen Urobuchi's film Godzilla: The Planet Eater, a special theatrical poster was unveiled alongside merchandise and advanced pre orders of tickets for both films. A special trailer for the crossover was later aired. Sunrise later aired the final film trailer on November 29, 2018.
The film premiered in theaters across Japan on November 30, 2018. Odex announced they will distribute the film in theaters across Southeast Asia, with screening dates being announced at a later date. An English dub is also announced to be in the works, with Nyav Post producing it. The film's ending theme song is titled "Narrative" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:LiSA.
Part of the film's merchandise will be released under Bandai's long running Gunpla line of scale models, with the High Grade Universal Century versions of the Narrative Gundam, Sinanju Stein, and the Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex announced for a Fall 2018 release.
- "2つの短編ストーリーを収録した小説最新巻「機動戦士ガンダムUC（11）不死鳥狩り」3月26日発売！". Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Gundam NT Unveiled as New UC Anime Set After Unicorn".
- "'Gundam-Nt.net' Domain Registered Under Sunrise".
- "『機動戦士ガンダムＮＴ（ナラティブ）』2018年11月劇場公開！ 『機動戦士ガンダムＵＣ』のその先を描く - ファミ通.com". ファミ通.com.
- "「ガンダムシリーズ 新作発表会」でシリーズ最新作『機動戦士ガンダムＮＴ』と最新プロジェクト情報を発表". GIGAZINE. 2018-04-20. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Gundam: Hathaway Film Trilogy, Overseas Gundam UC2 Drama Teased".
- "機動戦士ガンダムNT：話題の新作のUCガンダム3号機がガンプラに ナラティブガンダム、シナンジュ・スタインも - 毎日新聞".
Gundam Build Divers
| Gundam metaseries (production order)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash
Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis
| Universal Century
Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash
Mobile Suit Gundam F91