Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location of Moccasin in Mohave County, Arizona.
|• Total||0.77 sq mi (1.98 km2)|
|• Land||0.77 sq mi (1.98 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||5,092 ft (1,552 m)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|GNIS feature ID||8145|
Some say the community was named from a single moccasin found near the original town site, while others believe a moccasin-shaped rock formation caused the name to be selected.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Moccasin". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Moyer, Armond; Moyer, Winifred (1958). The origins of unusual place-names. Keystone Pub. Associates. p. 85.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This Mohave County, Arizona location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|