|Genres||Pop, P-pop, R&B, dance|
Francoise Denyse Fainsan
Jade Dela Peña
Arleen Ingrid Santos
|Past members||Pepper Gutierrez
Jho Ann Sotelo
Aura Joy Balington
Hershey de las Alas
Heart de Guzman
Mae Dela Cerna
Mocha Girls is an all-female singing and dancing group from the Philippines. The current line-up consists of members Mocha Uson (the group's lead vocalist and original member), Franz Fainsan, Georgina Knight, Seika Hashizume, Shaina Salazar and Jade Dela Peña. The Mocha Girls have released four albums: A Taste of Mocha (2006), Mocha (2007), Deliciosa (2008), and Pinay Ako (2012), and have sold 30,000 album units in the Philippines.
The Mocha Girls rose to fame partly due to lead vocalist Mocha Uson's adult-themed antics and her online blog that specializes in offering sex advice to couples. The Mocha Girls are considered as "The Hottest Sing and Dance Group in the Philippines" and are "The 3rd Best Selling Female Group of All Time in the Philippines" behind the Sexbomb Girls and Aegis.
Formed in 2006, the original members were Mocha Uson, Hershey de las Alas, Heart de Guzman, Grace Oracion and Bez Lacanlale. In early 2010, the four members separated from Uson to form their own group, Girlz Ink. This led to the addition of new members Mae Dela Cerna and Jhane Santiaguel, later followed by the arrival of Yumi Ociman, and then Aura Balington. After Santiaguel left the group, she was replaced by Franz Fainsan in 2011.
In 2012, Chloe Recto joined, shortly followed by the departure of Balington, bringing the group back down to five members; Mocha Uson still remaining as the group's leader and only original member. In 2013, Recto left the group due to reasons surrounding work commitments. Two new members were officially added to the group in April 2013, Seika Hashizume and Georgina Knight. On April 30, 2013, it was announced that Hashizume was no longer part of the Mocha Girls, due to personal reasons which affected work commitments. On July 9, 2013, Seika Hashizume was officially reinstated as a member of the Mocha Girls. On July 28, 2013, it was announced that Yumi Ociman was no longer part of the group, due to violating the "No. 1 rule" of Mocha Girls which is all members are not allowed to be in a relationship or simply, "no boyfriend". After being given the choice, she chose her boyfriend over Mocha Girls. On September 21, 2013, Jhane Santiaguel was reinstated as member of Mocha Girls after leaving her partner to concentrate on her career.
In 2014, several trainees joined the girls for training sessions in the hope of becoming a member of Mocha Girls. Trainee Jho Ann Sotelo became an official member of the group in March 2014. Sabrina Turner then joined as trainee then voluntarily quit training in April. Pepper Gutierrez then joined as trainee; in July she became a member of the group. On July 21, it was announced that Sotelo had quit the group for a change of career. In November, Sabrina Turner returned as trainee then left yet again. In 2015, Khim Dueñas joined as trainee and then became a member of the group. A "sister band" of the group called Mocha Babes, formed in 2015, includes former Mocha Girl Chloe Recto. In December, Josh Mac joined as a trainee. Khim Dueñas was relieved from the group on January 19, 2016 having chosen to prioritize other commitments.
Performances and tours
Throughout November and into early December 2012, the girls toured and performed shows for the first time in various parts of the US and Canada. In 2013, a second tour of the US took place in February and March and again in Canada in November.
- Mocha Uson (2006–present)
- Francoise Denyse Fainsan (2011–present)
- Seika Hashizume (2013–present)
- Georgina Knight (2013–present)
- Khim Dueñas (2015;2017-presents)
- Jade Dela Pena (2016–present)
- Shaina Salazar (2016–present)
- Aki (2017-presents)
- Hershey de las Alas (2006–2010)
- Heart de Guzman(2006–2010)
- Grace Oracion (2006–2010)
- Bez Lacanlale (2006–2010)
- Aura Balington (2010–2012)
- Yumi Ociman (2010–2013)
- Chloe Recto (2011–2013)
- Jho Ann Sotelo (2014)
- Jhane Santiaguel (2010–2011, 2013–2014)
- Pepper Gutierrez (2014)
- Mae Dela Cerna (2010-2016)
- 2006: A Taste of Mocha (XAX Records)
- 2007: Mocha (Viva Records)
- 2008: Deliciosa (Viva Records)
- 2012: Pinay Ako / 18+ Restricted (Bellhaus Records)
- 2009 PMPC Star Awards for Music: Best Dance Album (Deliciosa)
- 2012 PMPC Star Awards for Music: Best Dance Album (18+ Restricted)
- "The Mocha Girls Tours Canada and America!". Orange Magazine TV. 2012-10-06. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "Mocha says ex-band mates axed". ABS-CBN News. 2010-04-28. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- PEP.ph. "Mocha Uson says talent is the selling point of the new Mocha Girls | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Mocha Girls marks 7th year - The Philippine Star » News » Entertainment". 22.214.171.124. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Mocha Girls has...". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Foto's van Lord Byron Cristobal". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Profile « Mocha Girls". Mochagirls.com.ph. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 2014-07-27.
- "Profile « Mocha Girls". Mochagirls.com.ph. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- GoodFilipino Fab. "PMPC Star Awards for Music 2012 Complete List of Winners". Good Filipino. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "Mocha on a roll, appears on Playboy PH". ABS-CBN News. 2012-09-18. Retrieved 2012-11-02.