|Type of business||Public|
Type of site
|Social networking service|
|Available in||Multilingual (8)|
|Founded||October 20, 2005|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, US|
|Users||3.27 million monthly active users (September 8, 2015)|
MocoSpace is a mobile social network. The features of the site are similar to other social networking sites. Features include mobile games, chat, instant messaging, eCards, and photos. Mocospace was created during the popularity of and based on Myspace.com.
Venture funding for start up companies in the mobile space expanded rapidly starting in 2005, and MocoSpace was a beneficiary of this trend. In 2007, MocoSpace received an initial $3 million series A round of venture funding. And in January 2008 MocoSpace received a $4 million series B round of funding. At that time, MocoSpace also announced 2 million registered users and 1 billion monthly page views. Like most social networking services, the business model is based on serving advertisements to users.
- "Cellphones look to gain a greater voice in an Internet world". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved February 28, 2008.
- "Mocospace.com Packs Quite a Punch!". JollyJo TV. February 7, 2008. Archived from the original on March 6, 2008. Retrieved February 26, 2008.
- Johnson, Carolyn Y. (August 29, 2007). "Moving way beyond small talk". The Boston Globe. Retrieved February 26, 2008.
- "MocoSpace lands $3m in funding". The Boston Globe. August 27, 2007. Retrieved February 26, 2008.
- "MocoSpace Raises $4 Million B Round". TechCrunch. January 27, 2008.
- "People are playing mobile games at home". VentureBeat. March 22, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2012.