From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plaza Central Mocoa in 2013
|Nickname(s): The Head of Putumayo|
Location of the town and municipality of Mocoa in Putumayo Department.
|Foundation||March 6, 1551|
|• Mayor||Jose Antonio Castro|
|• Total||1,030 km2 (400 sq mi)|
|Elevation||604 m (1,982 ft)|
|• Density||35/km2 (91/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05)|
The city is located in the northwest of the Putumayo department. The municipality borders the departments of Nariño to the west and Cauca to the north.
- Brodzinsky, Sibylla (2017-04-02). "Colombia landslide leaves at least 254 dead and hundreds missing". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- Brocchetto, Marilia; Ramos, Fernando; Sanchez, Ray. "Mudslides kill more than 200 people in Colombia". CNN. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- (Spanish) Mocoa official website
- (Spanish) Mocoa official website 2
- (Spanish) Territorial-Environmental Information System of Colombian Amazon SIAT-AC website
|This Department of Putumayo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|