ModPlug Player is a module file player developed by Olivier Lapicque in conjunction with the original ModPlug Tracker project and the ModPlug Browser plugin. Features include a playlist editor, graphical equalizer, automatic gain control, bass expansion, reverb, Dolby Surround Sound support and the ability to mix two modules simultaneously and to change their pitch and tempo. The player supports a variety of module music files in both native and compressed (ZIP / RAR / LHA) formats.
The software was originally developed along with ModPlug Tracker, now known as OpenMPT, and modernized ModPlug engine is now used for decoding module files in OpenSource multimedia framework gstreamer under the name libmodplug.
- Christe, Ian (1997-10-30). "A Cheat Sheet for Internet Sound". Wired.com. Archived from the original on 1998-12-06. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
MOD: The lingua franca of the Internet's large network of Amiga musicians, MODs are ingenious self-contained sound files that include raw audio data and sequencing information.(Link to modplugcentral)
- About the Mod: Part One | Linux Journal
- MODPlug Player Description
- GStreamer Bad Plugins 0.10 Plugins Reference Manual
- Libmodplug page at GitHub