Modbury, South Australia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Adelaide, South Australia
Shopping precinct in Modbury
|Population||5,245 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Tea Tree Gully|
The suburb of Modbury contains one high school (Modbury High School) and one Primary School (Modbury West). However, there are many other schools in the surrounding areas which also bear the name Modbury. Modbury South Primary for example is located in the suburb of Hope Valley. There is also another primary school named Modbury School which was originally in Modbury proper but relocated in the 1970s to what is now known as Modbury North.
Sport and recreation
A large park central in the suburb is known as Civic Park it is located across the road from Tea Tree Plaza. It is a popular spot for barbecues and picnics in summer.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Modbury (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- South Australia, What's in a Name ? Historically significant place names by Rodney Cockburn 2007 Reprint. p. 149.
- , The Suburb Boundaries Map from City of Tea Tree Gully
- , The location of the TAFE campus
- , The City of Tea Tree Gully Website
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Modbury, South Australia.|
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|