Model-based systems engineering
Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) is a systems engineering methodology that focuses on creating and exploiting domain models as the primary means of information exchange between engineers, rather than on document-based information exchange.
More recently, the focus has also started to cover aspects related to the model execution in computer simulation experiment, to further overcome the gap between the system model specification and the respective simulation software. As a consequence, the term modeling and simulation-based systems engineering (M&SBSE) has also been used along with MBSE.
The MBSE approach was popularized by INCOSE when it kicked off its MBSE Initiative in January 2007. Goals included increased productivity, by minimizing unnecessary manual transcription of concepts when coordinating the work of large teams. The MBSE approach is outlined in INCOSE's "MBSE 2020 Vision", with a methodology focusing on distributed but integrated model management.
- Estefan, Jeff A. "Survey of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) methodologies." Incose MBSE Focus Group 25 (2007): 8.
- David Long, Zane Scott. A Primer for Model-Based Systems Engineering, 2011 Vitech Corporation
- Patrice Micouin, Model Based Systems Engineering: Fundamentals and Methods, 2014.
- Ramos, Ana Luísa, José Vasconcelos Ferreira, and Jaume Barceló. "Ramos, Ana Luísa, José Vasconcelos Ferreira, and Jaume Barceló. "Model-based systems engineering: An emerging approach for modern systems." Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, IEEE Transactions on 42.1 (2012): 101-111.
- A. Wayne Wymore, Model-Based Systems Engineering, 1993.
- Pascal Roques. MBSE with the ARCADIA Method and the Capella Tool - 8th European Congress on Embedded Real Time Software and Systems (ERTS 2016).
- Somers, James. "The Coming Software Apocalypse." The Atlantic Magazine, 2017.
- Casteran, Regis. "Functions in systems model.", Medium article, 2019.
|This engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|