Model-based systems engineering
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) is a systems engineering methodology that focuses on creating and exploiting domain models as the primary means of information exchange between engineers, rather than on document-based information exchange.
In January 2007, the MBSE approach began to be popularized when the INCOSE introduced its MBSE Initiative. Goals included increased productivity, by minimizing unnecessary manual transcription of concepts when coordinating the work of large teams. The MBSE approach is outlined in INCOSE's "MBSE 2020 Vision", with a methodology focusing on distributed but integrated model management.
As of 2014, the focus has also started to cover aspects related to the model execution in computer simulation experiment, to further overcome the gap between the system model specification and the respective simulation software. As a consequence, the term modeling and simulation-based systems engineering (M&SBSE) has also been used along with MBSE.
- Estefan, Jeff A. "Survey of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) methodologies." Incose MBSE Focus Group 25 (2007): 8.
- David Long, Zane Scott. A Primer for Model-Based Systems Engineering, 2011 Vitech Corporation
- Patrice Micouin, Model Based Systems Engineering: Fundamentals and Methods, 2014.
- Ramos, Ana Luísa, José Vasconcelos Ferreira, and Jaume Barceló. "Ramos, Ana Luísa, José Vasconcelos Ferreira, and Jaume Barceló. "Model-based systems engineering: An emerging approach for modern systems." Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, IEEE Transactions on 42.1 (2012): 101-111.
- A. Wayne Wymore, Model-Based Systems Engineering, 1993.
- Pascal Roques. MBSE with the ARCADIA Method and the Capella Tool - 8th European Congress on Embedded Real Time Software and Systems (ERTS 2016).
- Somers, James. "The Coming Software Apocalypse." The Atlantic Magazine, 2017.
- Casteran, Regis. "Functions in systems model.", Medium article, 2019.