ModelCo is a self-tanning, cosmetics, suncare and skincare company based in Sydney, Australia. ModelCo is the creation of former model agent, Shelley Barrett who, after working with models, makeup artists and stylists, saw a niche in the market for innovative, quick-fix, multipurpose beauty solutions.
ModelCo was launched in 2002 by former modeling agent Shelley Barrett (then Shelley Williams). For 10 years Barrett had been running a modeling agency known as Shelley's Management Group. In May 2002 Shelley founded ModelCo and launched the Lash Wand Heated Eyelash Curler, followed by the world's first Tan Airbrush in a Can in 2003. The ModelCo brand is renowned for their hot pink packaging and dual purpose products.
ModelCo has developed and launched over 300 products, including Tan Airbrush in a Can, Fibre Lash Brush on False Lashes and launched a natural skincare range in August, 2014.
The company today
ModelCo is distributed in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Asia, the United States and the Middle East. In Australia ModelCo is available from modelcocosmetics.com and is stocked in Woolworths and Coles stores nationally as well as Priceline stores across Australia. Internationally their products can be found in stores such as New Zealand's Farmers, London’s Space.NK, Colette and Le Printemps in Paris, and Sony Plaza in Japan.
In 2013, ModelCo announced international supermodel and actress, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as the new brand ambassador and face of the 2013/14 summer campaign. The former Victoria’s Secret model and Vogue cover girl visited Australia in July 2013 to shoot the summer campaign on Hayman Island and stars as the face of ModelCo to date. Huntington-Whiteley made a return trip to Australia in August, 2014 to promote the company's new natural skincare range.
|2014||InStyle Beauty Hall Of Fame||Best Lip Gloss Under $25||ModelCo Lip Lights Lip Gloss|
|2014||POPSUGAR Australia Beauty Awards||Best Sunscreen||ModelCo Daily Face Mattifying Sunscreen and Lip Balm SPF50+|
|2014||Women’s Health Beauty Hall Of Fame||Best Mascara||ModelCo Fibre Lash Mascara|
|2014||Women’s Health Beauty Hall Of Fame||Reader's Choice||ModelCo Daily Face Mattifying Sunscreen and Lip Balm SPF50+|
|2013||POPSUGAR Australia Beauty Awards||Best Nail Colour Collection||ModelCo Nail Polish|
|2013||POPSUGAR Australia Beauty Awards||Best Lip Product||ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick|
|2013||POPSUGAR Australia Beauty Awards||Best Self Tanner||ModelCo Face Tan Self Tan|
|2012||InStyle Best Beauty Buys||Hall Of Fame||Tan Airbrush in a Can|
|2010||Australian Beauty Awards||Most Innovative New Product in Lip Gloss||Lip Light Lip Gloss|
|2005||Red Book MVP Beauty Awards||Best Product||Skin Drink Airbrush Moisturiser|
- Nauman, Zoe. "Still stylish despite the showers! Rosie Huntington-Whiteley showcases slender legs and stunning figure in the rain wearing blue dress at ModelCo skincare launch". Daily Mail. Nine Msn. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Farmers Beauty - ModelCo". Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Moran, Jonanthan. "Rosie Huntington-Whiteley the new face of Oz cosmetics brand ModelCo". dailytelegraph.com.au. News Limited. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Hoyer, Melissa. "Rosie Huntington-Whiteley won the genetic lottery, even joining her for breakfast is a really good experience". news.com.au. News Limited. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Duscher, Remy. "Rosie Huntington-Whiteley on how to get skin as good as hers". Vogue.com.au. News Limited. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Brooks-Wilson, Sarah. "InStyle Best in Beauty 2014". InStyle Australia. Pacific Magazines. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Dunton-Rose, Justine. "Best Sunscreen". PopSugar. Allure Media. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Rice, Alison. "Best Nail Polish Collection". PopSugar. Allure Media. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Rice, Alison. "Best lipstick". PopSugar. Allure Media. Retrieved 18 September 2014.