Modena, New York
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Modena, New York|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
The area was first settled in the late 17th century and was originally called "Clark's Corner". The name was changed to Modena in 1829, and the hamlet most likely was named for the Italian city of Modena.
- Clearwater, Alphonso Trumpbour (1907). The History of Ulster County, New York. W. J. Van Deusen. p. 336. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Profile for Modena, New York, NY". ePodunk. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. U.S. Government Printing Office. p. 211.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "BRODHEAD, John Curtis, (1780 - 1859)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
|This article about a location in Ulster County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|