Modern Art (Art Pepper album)
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||December 28, 1956 and January 14, 1957|
|Studio||Radio Recorders and Master Recorders, Los Angeles, CA|
|Art Pepper chronology|
Modern Art is an album by saxophonist Art Pepper featuring sessions from late 1956 and early 1957 originally released on the Intro label. The album was rereleased on CD on Blue Note Records with bonus tracks as Modern Art: The Complete Art Pepper Aladdin Recordings Volume 2 in 1988.
All compositions by Art Pepper except where noted.
- "Blues In" - 5:40
- "Bewitched" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) - 4:25
- "When You're Smiling" (Larry Shay, Mark Fisher, Joe Goodwin) - 4:47
- "Cool Bunny" - 4:10
- "Dianne's Dilemma" - 3:46
- "Stompin' at the Savoy" (Edgar Sampson, Chick Webb, Benny Goodman, Andy Razaf) - 5:01
- "What Is This Thing Called Love?" (Cole Porter) - 6:00
- "Blues Out" - 4:53
- Art Pepper catalog accessed October 25, 2016
- Edwards, D. and Callahan, M. Intro Album Discography accessed October 25, 2016
- Wynn, Ron. Modern Art: The Complete Art Pepper Aladdin Recordings, Vol. 2 - Review at AllMusic. Retrieved October 25, 2016.