Modern Day Delilah (song)
For the 1984 song by Van Stephenson, see the article on Van Stephenson.
|"Modern Day Delilah"|
|Single by Kiss|
|from the album Sonic Boom|
|Released||August 19, 2009|
|Recorded||May - August 2009 at Conway Recording Studios, Hollywood, California|
|Label||Kiss Records, Universal, Roadrunner|
|Producer(s)||Paul Stanley, Greg Collins|
|Kiss singles chronology|
"Modern Day Delilah" is a song by the American hard rock band Kiss, released on their nineteenth album Sonic Boom, in 2009. It was released on August 19, 2009 as the first single off the album and the band's first single in eleven years. The song charted on US Mainstream Rock Tracks and Swedish Sverigetopplistan.
"Modern Day Delilah" was announced and released as the lead single from Sonic Boom on August 19, 2009 to radio. The song was Kiss' first single release in 11 years, the song's predecessor being "You Wanted the Best" which was released in 1998 off the band's Psycho Circus album. Due to early previews of the album, the song has gained positive feedback from both critics and fans, and has been compared to the band's '70s work. The song was played on the Kiss Alive/35 World Tour.
The music video for this song leaked online on the first days of December and was officially released on December 9, 2009 and premiered on Yahoo! The video is topped and tailed by footage of giant sized members of Kiss walking through Detroit. The video went on to top UK music video channel Scuzz's "Most Rockin: Viewer Request Show" chart on December 3, 2009.
The band had first played the song in Detroit Cobo Hall on September 25, twelve days before the release of Sonic Boom, the band's first studio album in eleven years. The song was initially performed in the middle of the concert, but was later played as the opening track.
- Paul Stanley – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Gene Simmons – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Tommy Thayer – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Eric Singer – drums, backing vocals
|Mainstream Rock Tracks||50|
|Billboard Rock Airplay||11|
- Appleford, Steve. "Kiss “Born Again” With Walmart’s “Sonic Boom”: Band Talks New LP". Rolling Stone. August 17, 2009
- Kreps, Daniel (June 22, 2009). "Kiss "Days From Finishing" New Album, Walmart Deal In the Works". Rolling Stone.
- November 16, 2009 (2009-11-16). "Guitar Hero KISS DLC Pre-Release trailer". YouTube. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "KISS Chart History". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- The Greatest Rock Songs Of The Noughties (Nos. 20-11). Classic Rock Magazine. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Kiss statistics > Average setlist for tour: Sonic Boom Over Europe. setlist.fm. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Kiss > Sonic Boom > Charts & awards > Billboard singles. Allmusic. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Sverigetopplistan Albums and singles chart history-Kiss. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Kissfaq Modern Day Delilah Kissfaq