|Released||June 7, 2013|
|Size||229 cards (101 commons, 60 uncommons, 53 rares, 15 mythic rares)|
|Released||May 22, 2015|
|Size||249 cards (101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, 15 mythic rares)|
- The original Modern Masters (in short "MMA") was released on June 7, 2013. It featured 229 cards (101 commons, 60 uncommons, 53 rares, and 15 mythic rares) ranging from Eighth Edition through Alara Reborn, The set was released in English only.
- The sequel Modern Masters 2015 Edition (in short "MM2") was released May 22, 2015. It featured 249 cards (101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, and 15 mythic rares) ranging from Eighth Edition to Magic 2012. The set was released in Japanese and Simplified Chinese in addition to English.
The pricing of a booster pack from Modern Masters has a suggested retail price of $6.99 for the original and $9.99 for 2015 Edition, up from a regular suggested price of $3.99 for a regular expansion booster pack.
The Modern Masters compilation set has a total 229 cards (249 in 2015 Edition). Which featured a selection of currently Modern-legal cards Twenty to thirty cards feature new artwork. Cards in Time spiral block with "Timeshifted" layout having use the standard card face instead. New tokens are also present, including a new bat token.
Basic Lands, which is present in most of the booster packs, is absent in both Modern Masters sets. Instead, a premium card(foil-card), which traditionally existed in a common card slot on random basis, is included in every pack.
Specifically designed for 8 players draft, one booster box of Modern Masters series contains only 24 booster packs, compared to a regular expansion containing 36 packs.
The English booster pack in Modern Masters 2015 Edition used recyclable paper cardboard as packaging material instead of foil packs, the first set doing so in Magic history. Potential consumers should purchase packs carefully as the new packaging is easy to open without damaging the seal, which can allow for thieves to replace rare or foil cards with commons. The new packaging also has damaged cards in the pack and caused white edges and scratched foils.
Printing and distribution
Modern Masters distribution is limited and Wizards of the Coast stated they would not like to release as much as they did with Chronicles.
- "Blogatog". Mark Rosewater. 2012-12-09. Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- "Modern Masters Brings Classics Back To Magic: The Gathering". Forbes.com. 2012-10-22. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "Announcing Modern Masters 2015 Edition". Wizards of the Coast. 2014-12-08. Retrieved 2015-04-16.
- "Announcing Modern Masters". Wizards of the Coast. 2012-10-22. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Video Feature: Announcing Modern Masters". Wizards of the Coast. 2012-10-20. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Feature Article: Modern Masters Explained". Wizards of the Coast. 2012-10-22. Retrieved 2013-06-25.