ModusLink Global Solutions
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public (NASDAQ: MLNK)|
|Industry||Forward & Reverse value supply chain management, Internet services, Software, Venture capital|
|Founded||Delaware, United States (1986)|
|Headquarters||Waltham, Massachusetts, USA|
|John Boucher, CEO|
|Revenue||$754.5 Million USD (2013)|
|$15.2 Million USD (2013)|
Number of employees
ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc., formerly CMGI Inc., is a US company that provides supply chain management services to global technology and software companies across its worldwide operations. The company has operations in North America, Europe and Asia (particularly in mainland China)
There are 2 ModusLink factories in the Republic Of Ireland. One is based in Kildare and the other based in Cork. Between the two of them they employe over 10o people, however these numbers were mucg higher during the Celtic Tiger when in Kildare alone there was over 850 people workers. The company specialises in:
- Material Planning and Factory Supply
- Value-Added Warehousing and Distribution
- Postponement and Configuration
- Returns Management
- Repair and Recovery
- Customer Care
- Entitlement Management
In 2008, CMGI changed its name to ModusLink Global Solutions.
The company maintained a number of internet ventures over its history including some of the following: 1stUp.com, AdForce, AltaVista, BookLink, iCast, NaviSite, PowWow chat instant messenger, RagingBull.com, Yesmail.
- "Company Profile for ModusLink Global Solutions Inc (MLNK)". Retrieved October 22, 2008.
- "CMGI Field is now Gillette Stadium". CNNMoney. August 5, 2002. Retrieved February 18, 2016.
- "CMGI completes acquisition of Modus Media to form ModusLink" (Press release). CMGI Inc. August 2, 2004. Retrieved February 18, 2016 – via BusinessWire.
- "CMGI Changes Name to ModusLink Global Solutions". moduslink.com. September 29, 2008. Retrieved February 25, 2011.
- CMGI Enters Digital Video, Music Fray With ICast.com, March 09, 2000; GREG MILLER